First Baptist of Webste in Wisconsin is currently looking to fill their Senior Pastor position:
The purpose of our church is to live in loving relationships with God and with one another, and to call others from the world into these relationships through faith in Christ as Savior and Lord. Job Summary:
To be responsible for the development and oversight of all church ministries with the goal of our members becoming devoted followers of Jesus ChristQualifications and Position Requirements:
One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God as his highest treasure, a teachable spirit, and a healthy prayer and family life as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
• One who possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (masters preferred), experience in pastoral ministry, and basic administrative skills.
• One who is passionate about discipleship and equipping the saints.
• One who is capable of creating, communicating and executing a long term vision for the church’s ministry. This should be done in unity with the Board of Overseers.
• One who is gifted and called to pastoral ministry, loves people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, to both our community and to the world.
• An effective preacher/teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with the church’s Affirmation of Faith.
• A self-motivated leader, possessing strong people skills, with a spirit of humility.Duties and Responsibilities:
Organizes and implements effective programs to achieve fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
• Mentors the pastoral staff.
• Provides counseling, spiritual direction and discipleship to individuals on an individual basis. Conducts wedding ceremonies and funerals.
• Maintains contact with church members and prospects.
• Presents written annual ministry updates and goals for the coming year to the Board of Overseers and to the Annual General Meeting.
• Pursues personal growth by reading, attending leadership conferences, etc.
• Serves on the Board of Overseers
• Participates in a yearly job performance review with the Board of Overseers.
• Reports to the Board of OverseersExpectations:
Grow the church ministry in meaningful ways. Deepen spiritual understanding and intimacy with God among His sheep.
• Find a godly man to be mentored by or to be an accountability partner with, remaining accountable and responsive to his ministry. Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
• Be transparent and open with the Board of Overseers regarding personal and professional struggles and challenges.
• Be intentional in discipling and equipping the members of the Board of Overseers for the work to which they are called.To Apply for this position please forward your Cover Letter and Resume to the following Email address firstname.lastname@example.org, thank you.