This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastorof Vision Implementation
Lawrence, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 08/25/2010
Categories: Discipleship Pastor - Programming Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Vintage is a young, dynamic, missional Christian community in Lawrence, KS. We are seeking to hire a Pastor of Vision Implementation to come beside our lead Pastor allowing him to pursue his desired role of Pastor of Spiritual Formation. Our goal is to create a staff partnership within the next 3-5 years wherein we hire a third Full-Time Pastor thus creating a true Team Leadership approach to guide our church community. Specifically, the responsibilities of the Pastor of Vision Implementation role include;
1) Implementing our Vision—This person will have the responsibility to take the Vision of Vintage Church and make it a reality. They will be the Primary Leader for strategy implementation and will lead various teams at Vintage Church (Staff, Steering, and Leadership Team(s)) in pursuing these ministry objectives in collaboration with the Pastor of Spiritual Formation. As such, this person will share Secondary Leadership responsibilities in Vision-Casting towards church-wide Ministry initiatives and will strive to create Vision clarity and community Momentum towards the accomplishment of the Vision.
2) Leadership Development—This person will have the Primary Responsibility for Leadership Development at Vintage Church. They will lead the way in recruiting, training, and developing our “Leadership Team” towards effectively leading their ministry groups in all areas of Vintage Church. They will be responsible to plan and execute our Leadership Team meetings and retreats, and to create opportunities for members of the church body to engage in serving, volunteering, and leadership at Vintage Church. (spiritual gifts, leadership development, etc.)
3) Sunday Programming Director—Vintage is church that highly values artistic creative expression and seeks to create services which “translate the unchanging truths of the gospel in ways that are relevant to people today.” This Role includes leading our Creative Encounters Team in putting together creative and relevant services where both believers and non-believers can encounter God and engage in His Word in ways draw them closer to Christ. The Role also includes being the point person for coordinating, communicating, and pulling off all aspects of Sunday nights (Programming, First Impressions, Road Crew, etc.), and creating strategies to improve all aspects of the Sunday night experience.
4) Strategic Ministry Area—The Pastor of Vision Implementation will also be responsible for ONE AND ONLY ONE of the following Strategic Ministry arenas in ways that are gift-based and complement the Pastor of Spiritual Formation.
A) College/Student Ministry Development—This Role includes providing oversight for the student
ministries at Vintage, and this person would likely function as ‘Pastor’ for the youth & college students
who call Vintage Church home. They would partner with Young Life ministry in Lawrence to provide
outreach, discipleship, and service opportunities for college and youth through Vintage worship, age-
appropriate small groups, and targeted student gatherings. Also, help connect and interface with
families of students to Connect adults in our community. Finally, this person would recruit, develop,
and train young leaders through the summer Leadership Training Project and other leadership
opportunities for young people.
B) Children/Family Ministry Development—This Role includes providing oversight and support to the
Children’s Ministry Team(s) at Vintage Church. They would provide monthly check-ins with the
leader(s), work to provide cohesion between the Children’s ministry and the broader church, and would
work to develop family ministries to greater serve the families who call Vintage their church home.
C) Organizational Development—This Role includes providing oversight for the Organizational
Structures at Vintage. They will work with current groups (Trustees, Ops Team, and Bookkeeper/
Administrative assistant) to develop strong organizational systems to undergird the organization of
Vintage Church. Responsibilities include, but are not be limited to, and providing Vintage with strong
Financial Systems and Accountability, Organizational Policies and Structures, and Web-based
5) Additional Responsibilities—In addition to the above-mentioned roles, the Pastor of Vision Implementation will have some additional pastoral, teaching, and shepherding responsibilities. They will be encouraged to teach 12-15X a year on Sundays, Lead a Vintage Small Group, and participate in Pastoral Counseling from time to time. Depending upon the specific gifts, passions, and/or ministry experience of the candidate, additional responsibilities may be given to maximize their leadership potential and impact.
1. Has spiritual gifts of Leadership, Evangelism, Vision/Faith, Administration, Teaching.
2. Has a Masters Degree in Biblical/Theology Studies (MA, MDiv, or equivalent).
3. Has a theology consistent with the Essentials of Vintage Church.
4. Has demonstrated strong team-building skills and has track-record of being team-player.
5. Has demonstrated an ability to train leaders and has the capacity to work with people who have a wide range of
strengths, personalities and passions.
6. Has an ability to articulate a biblical message in such a way that it connects with the lives of young adult listeners.
7. Has the ability to partner with, work beside, and submit to the leadership of the Shepherding pastor and Steering
team of Vintage Church.
8. Advantageous Strengths include; Good Communicator, Strategic and Decisive, a Good Implementer, having
Project and Process management skills, and the ability to oversee a variety of ministries and teams.
9. An individual who possesses knowledge of the workings of Vintage Church is preferred
10. An individual who has a minimum of 5-7 years in professional ministry and has a proven track-record of
effective ministry leadership/evangelism skills preferred.
*We are aware that this is an “Ideal” job description, and that few (if any) candidates will possess all of the
traits and skills written above. If you feel you would be a good fit for a majority of this job description, we
would love to receive a resume from you! (Please email resume to: email@example.com)
Compensation Package and Benefits
1. Compensation Package ($43,900-$56,900 total):
-Full-time Salary range of $35,000-$45,000 annually
-Health/Dental Insurance (for Family or Individual)
-Disability & Pension of $1,200 annually
-Training Budget of $1,200 annually
-Discretionary Funds of $1,500 annually
2. Additional Benefits:
-Vacation—10 days/year, not to include more than 3 Sundays (increases after 3/6 years)
-Sick Days/Holidays—6 days/year, plus 8 normal Holidays (it is understood that staff will
be present on Christmas Eve and Easter Sunday)
-Study Leave/Outside Training—Up to 8 days per calendar year of Study Leave, up to 10
days of outside training per year.
-Sabbatical—3 month paid Sabbatical Leave after the completion of 7 uninterrupted
years, and thereafter completion of every 5 subsequent years.