John Knox Community Preschool is seeking to hire an experienced full-time Preschool Director. If you have a heart for Christ’s ministry to preschool children and their families, can direct and train educators in best practices of Early Childhood Education, and seek to create a learning environment that enriches the lives of all involved, this position may be of interest to you.
Job Summary: Provides leadership and direction, has overall responsibility for the content, relationships and quality of this ministry. With a Christ-like attitude, encourages and supports teaching staff and preschool families to meet social, academic and spiritual needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Establish friendly, cooperative rapport with parents, students and teachers.
· Proven ability to work successfully with preschool age children and the teaching staff.
· Proven ability to communicate effectively with parents, children, and staff in verbal and in written communications.
· Public speaking skills are regularly required.
· Ability to balance administrative responsibilities with those of leadership, being present and available to teachers
in a supportive as well as authoritative capacity.
· The ability to draw upon education, experience, peers and external resources to perform job duties.
· Knowledgeable and skilled in methods of Early Childhood Education in a Christian setting.
· Bring alternate dispute resolution skills.
· Fulfill all required reference and background checks as stipulated by the State of Washington, John Knox
Presbyterian Church and the John Knox Community Preschool.
· Ability to navigate e-mail and basic computer software applications.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
· Two or more years experience teaching preschool preferred.
· Two or more years management/supervisory experience, preferably in an Early Childhood setting.
· Conflict resolution training preferred.
· Specific knowledge of the Bible, preferably gained/trained through an Early Childhood Ministry.
· CPR and First Aid Certifications current at hire or within 30 days of being hired.
· Blood Borne Pathogens training current at hire or within 30 days of being hired.
For more information about this position, please visit our website at www.jkpcusa.org and click through to the employment opportunities to view the job description
. If qualified, please send your cover letter and resume to JKCpreschool@hotmail.com.