This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Hudson Campus Worship Leader
Five Oaks Church
Woodbury, Minnesota, United States
Date Posted: 08/19/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Part-Time
Located in the beautiful St. Croix Valley of the Twin Cities metro area, Five Oaks is a growing multi-site church with campuses in Woodbury, MN and Hudson, WI. This position will be for a part-time Worship Leader of the Hudson campus. Hudson is a growing, established campus that is passionate about living out the mission of Five Oaks to Connect people to the body of Christ, Deepen their walk with God, and Impact the world. Our weekend gatherings are the major focus area of our ministries. We seek to create worship experiences that make more room for God and allow people to connect with God through various response stations during the worship time. Under the leadership of the Campus Pastor this position will oversee all areas of Worship Arts while working closely with our all-campuses Worship Arts staff to be mentored as a leader and musician. This position will also be a part of the Hudson campus leadership team. This passionate and hard working group of staff and volunteers work under the leadership of the Campus Pastor to fulfill the mission of the church.
The Worship Leader uses his/her gifts, talents and skills to lead worship on a weekly basis with excellence and relevance at weekend worship services and other ministry events for the Five Oaks Hudson Campus. He/she provides strong, upfront leadership with a high degree of energy and musical and communication skills, leading the congregation into meaningful worship that brings glory to God. The Worship Leader provides leadership for the worship team, effectively leads rehearsals and mobilizes gifted members from the Hudson campus. The Worship Leader directs the tech team with the support of the Central Support tech ministry.
• Character: Demonstrates a mature Christian faith and in accord with the Five Oaks Church Statement of Faith.
• Understanding: An understanding of music, trends and culture that informs his/her worship leadership. Understanding of effective ministry programming (e.g., transitions, flow of worship, etc.).
• Leadership: Effective leadership skills, having the ability to influence and lead others. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and build relationships with worship team members as well as the congregation.
• Skill: Ability to create a worship experience that touches the hearts and soul of the believer and draws the seeker to Christ. Proficient lead voice and in a lead instrument. Able to write chord charts.
• Flexibility: Is able to accept change with a positive attitude.
• Management: Proven team building skills, demonstrated ability to recruit and develop a team of volunteer vocalists and musicians. Able to manage ministry systems.
• Followership: Team player that is able to take direction from the Campus Pastor, work in alignment with the Five Oaks Strategic Ministry Plan and committed to the ministry vision of the church.
• Worship Service Leadership: Lead the worship service music and programming at the Hudson Campus under the leadership of Campus Pastor. Contribute to, implement and adapt (as needed) the programming direction from Central Support.
• Hudson Leadership Team: Serve as part of the Hudson Campus leadership team under the direction of the Hudson Campus Pastor, attending the regular team meetings.
• Worship Team Leadership: Lead the tech team, worship team and rehearsals. Play a lead instrument on the team and develop chord charts. Schedule musicians and tech team volunteers for weekends service.
• Leadership Development: Recruit, develop and mobilize the musically and technically gifted in the congregation. Provide care and development for the worship team and tech team in partnership with Central Support.
• Relational Ministry: Pastors his/her team members and interacts regularly with Hudson campus members, attendees and volunteers.
• Central Support Programming Team: Work with our all-campuses Worship Arts staff on weekend related service programming issues.
• All Church Events: Work with Director of Worship Arts and Woodbury Campus Worship Leader for our all campuses services and events.