This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Home Missions - Christian Reformed Church
Christian Reformed Church in NA
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 08/18/2010
Categories: Business/Administration - Missions/Domestic
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Full-Time
The Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA) is seeking a new Director of Home Missions. Home Missions plays a vital role for our denomination in its mission through multiplying new churches and campus ministries, cultivating diverse leaders and helping churches discern their place in God’s mission.
The Director will give leadership to the CRCNA in its task of transforming lives and communities in North America. He or she will discern and articulate the vision of Home Missions and develop local, national and global strategic partnerships to advance God’s mission.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated skills in casting vision, thinking strategically; experience working in a leadership capacity, and within multicultural/diverse settings. A personal commitment to the Reformed Christian faith and being a member of the CRCNA is required.
For consideration, a cover letter and current resume must be submitted to email@example.com, deadline is September 30, 2010
Job Title : Director of Home Missions
Status : Full time
To provide executive leadership, in the strategic planning and execution of policies and decisions within the established bylaws and the established organizational framework and to ensure the whole organization supports and facilitates the mission of CRHM, the denominational strategic ministry plan, and the broader mission of the church.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Provide leadership for Home Missions in promoting CRHM throughout the CRC, among various CRCNA agencies, institutions, partners and the broader Christian community.
2. Provide leadership for the Advancement department, including active participation with major donors.
3. Maintain financial viability and integrity; recommend annual plans and budget to the CRHM Board and the CRCNA BOT.
4. Ensure that appropriate systems are in place to support staff and assist them in aligning their functions with the accomplishment of the long-range plan. Hold staff accountable related to their areas of responsibility.
5. Lead, support, and serve the board in its tasks of discerning and articulating vision, approving the strategic plan, assuring resources for the mission, and approving budgets. Carry forward the policies and decisions of the Home Missions board .
6. Lead the staff in discerning and articulating a missional vision and strategic plan which translates into innovative strategies, programs and sustainable budgets.
7. Advocate for the biblical vision for a diverse denomination through support for intercultural church and ministry development, for diversity in Home Missions staff, and for reconciliation and anti-racism plans and actions.
8. Challenge the vision for a global mission with and through the NA CRC churches, in their local context.
9. Promote collaboration with denominational partners to develop strategic partnerships to more effectively carry out the mission of the CRCNA.
10. Provide leadership direction for CRC ministries through the Ministry Leadership Team and ensure the integration of Home Missions in that direction.
11. Lead Home Missions in joint- agency, integrated efforts to support the Denominatioal Ministry Plan and goals.
Senior leadership staff of CRHM, and Administrative Assistant
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The Home Missions director shall reflect the following qualifications and characteristics.
1. Commitment to Jesus Christ, and be a person of exemplary Christian character, who practices the spiritual disciplines and is a member in good standing in the CRC.
2. Experienced Christian leader who is committed to the mission of God through the local church.
3. Have demonstrated skills in casting vision for the mission and thinking strategically
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both oral and written manner.
5. Demonstrated skills in team leadership and staff management
6. Proven ability in budgeting and fiscal management.
7. Demonstrated professional competence in inter cultural ministry. A strong global perspective on ministry with some experience working in a global context. A demonstrated commitment to racial justice and reconciliation.
8. Able to travel extensively.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree required. Training in theology and/or missiology, and an advanced degree preferred.
2. Minimum of five years experience in mission work and providing leadership at a senior level. Experience working within a multicultural context required.
3. It is desirable that the director is an ordained minister of the Word in the CRC, but this is not required.