Wooddale Church, a large, evangelical church located in a growing Minneapolis suburban area, offering multiple styles of worship, and featuring a 114 rank Visser-Rowland tracker pipe organ, is seeking an organist for its traditional services, concerts and other church events. Applicants should possess advanced skills and formal training in organ performance as well as experience in musical accompaniment of congregational singing, choirs, ensembles and orchestra from both organ and piano keyboards. Candidates must hold to evangelical theology and have a concern for outreach and evangelism. An advanced degree in music/performance and large-church music experience are desired. Interested applicants should send resume, references and recordings of performance/accompaniment to: Wooddale Church, 6630 Shady Oak Road, Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55344, Attention Organist Search; or e-mail to email@example.com.
Organist (part time)
1. Baccalaureate degree required. Graduate degree desired.
2. Five years or more experience as an organist in evangelical churches
3. Experience in and appreciation for multi- style worship in a multiple staff church.
4. Familiarity with, ability to play and appreciation for standard organ literature for the church.
5. The ability to:
a. relate a philosophy of Christian music to the spiritual ministry and philosophy of ministry of Wooddale Church
b. read music well
c. play by ear
d. play and appreciate various styles of music
e. accompany congregation, orchestra, choirs, ensembles and soloists on organ, piano or keyboard
f. recruit and develop a team of backup organists.
6. Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church.
7. Be a regular participant in public worship at Wooddale Church.
8. Remain a member in good standing of Wooddale Church.
1. Play at all weekend Traditional Services.
2. Play at all special services including but not limited to Noel at Noon Advent Luncheon Concerts,
Candlelight Christmas Eve Services, Lenten Luncheon Services, Choir Concerts and other
Services/ events as requested.
3. Play one organ concert per year/ or as requested.
4. Rehearse with and accompany Wooddale Choir.
5. Rehearse with and accompany orchestra, other choirs, ensembles and soloists as assigned.
6. Assist and support the Traditional Music Pastor in achieving musical excellence and spiritual
commitment in all related activities and relationships.
7. Propose, create and deliver new and innovative music and approaches for the Traditional Music
8. Participate in worship arts ministries as assigned.
9. Manage the maintenance of the Wooddale Church organs and related instruments.
10. Carry out other assignments as given by the Traditional Music Pastor, Executive Pastor-Program Ministry or Senior Pastor.
1. Reports to the Traditional Music Pastor.
2. Relates to the Worship Arts and Choir Ministry Teams.
3. Coordinates with other members of the church staff.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Organist/Music DirectorSt.John the Evangelist
- Abington, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Chief Operating OfficerVenice Presbyterian Church
- Venice, Florida
- October 20
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Wooddale Church is God-centered, Bible-based, outreach-oriented, disciple-making, kingdom-building, and future-looking. Learn more about each of those values and how we work to accomplish them through our ministries at Wooddale Church.More...