This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Worship Ministries
Plymouth Covenant Church
Plymouth, Minnesota, United States
Date Posted: 08/13/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Plymouth Covenant is a congregation of approximately 1200 Christ followers in the NW suburbs of Minneapolis. PCC is a great alternative for many, with its inspiring worship and intimate fellowship. People find us friendly - and they find friends - but most importantly they find God. God has caused us to grow with Him in a variety of ways: more changed lives, more families, more ministries, more staff, more services, more church plants... He is More, and is willing to do More than we can think or imagine! We have three weekend services where we worship with passion, seek God in a casual setting, and are moved by the Spirit day by day.
We are seeking a passionate Pastor/Director of Worship who is able to lead us in various forms of worship that challenge us and teach us to live lives of worship. Our three weekend worship services are informal, contemporary, and evangelical. There are approximately 60 persons directly involved—as instrumentalists, vocalists, a/v specialists, other artists—in the worship ministry at PCC.
• A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
• Acceptance and endorsement of the Bible as the infallible Word of God and the pastoral practices of Plymouth Covenant Church.
• Worship and musical leadership that causes others to follow
• Ability to provide clear musical direction and leadership to worship team members
• Demonstrated leadership in worship ministry in a local church setting. A minimum of three years leadership experience planning and leading worship is preferred
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills
• Catalytic, creative and contagious leader who works and plays especially well with Pastor Dan and his joyful style
• Visionary leader – passionate, committed, flexible, and organized
• Plan and lead weekend worship services, including music selection, service planning, and rehearsals. This includes responsibility for three services each weekend---at present this includes one service on Saturday evening and two on Sunday
• Lead the development, creation, and implementation of all aspects of worship at PCC
• Lead recruiting of volunteers and weekly scheduling of worship teams
• Locate new music and arrange worship to accomplish the vision at PCC
• Develop and grow the music component of worship at PCC
• Collaborate with church leadership and worship volunteers to set long-term vision and short-term goals for worship at PCC; Lead the achievement of these objectives
Please visit www.plymouthcovenant.org for a downloadable church profile, job description, and ministry profile. Please fill out profile and submit with resume` and video of you in a worship leadership setting.
Please send any correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org.