This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministry
Cascade Park Baptist Church
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 08/12/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
To provide spiritual, administrative, educational, and visionary leadership for all children’s ministries (infant through 5th grade).
1. Demonstrate a personal relationship with Jesus and a call to serve him in this area of ministry.
2. Willingness to support the doctrine, mission, and core values of Cascade Park.
3. Ability to recruit and equip others for children’s ministries.
4. Leadership, organizational, and relational skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop and refine ministry programs and strategies so as to maximize their potential impact.
2. Meet regularly with volunteers to ensure that they are properly equipped to implement children’s ministries.
3. Oversee the development and deployment of all weekly Children’s Ministry programs.
4. Utilize meaningful special events that contribute to the spiritual development of children (e.g. Vacation Bible School).
5. Oversee promotion, advertising, and communication within the church and the community in regards to Children’s Ministry.
6. Develop and oversee policies to ensure safety and discipline.
7. Create and nurture loving, caring, and trustworthy relationships with children and their families.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Exemplary model of a Christian life for children and families.
• Love and passion for working with children.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Self-motivated and well-organized.
• Team leadership and administration.
• Ability to work in a team environment as a team player.
• Creative problem solver.
• Understand cultural trends and be able to develop relevant ministry methods.
• Continual learning and leadership development.
1. Attend staff meetings for teambuilding, spiritual formation, and communication.
2. Participate in a community group for personal discipleship.