To Love, Obey and Proclaim Jesus Christ Combine these two (2) Part-Time Jobs together for a Full Time position.
(2) two Part-Time Jobs available (25 hour work week) / Exempt.BOTH REPORT TO:
Associate PastorDirector of Adult Discipleship JOB RESPONSIBILTY:
To support Bethany Church’s mission to Love, Obey and Proclaim Jesus Christ. In doing so it coordinates discipleship activity through adult education and Bible studies, develops and maintains small group fulfillment of the five Purpose-Driven purposes for Bethany Church. The foundational approach to success in this ministry is through equipping lay servants and treating this position as a way of life. JOB PURPOSE:
To vision with the Lead Pastor to develop groups for the purposes of connecting and igniting individuals, couples and/families in fellowship, worship, discipleship, service and evangelism.JOB DUTIES:
1. Develop and manage the “Small Group” ministry at Bethany.
2. Execute ways to increase participation in small groups semi-annually.
3. Develop, support and lead volunteer leadership team.
4. Recruit and develop qualified leaders and facilitators for small groups as well as Adult Sunday School.
5. Arrange access to materials and facilities and follow up on progress.
6. Advertise small group and bible study events in the bulletin, monthly Bethany Post, community and website.Director of Women’s Ministry JOB RESPONSIBILITY:
To support Bethany Church’s mission to Love, Obey and Proclaim Jesus Christ. It does so through leadership and organization of the women’s programs at Bethany, including bible studies, small groups, conferences, MOPS and other special events. The foundational approach to success in this ministry is through equipping lay servants and keeping current with the needs of women whether single, married, widowed, separated or divorced.
To treat this position as a way of life and responds to the needs of the women under the care of this ministry.JOB PURPOSE:
To develop and oversee Women’s Ministry at Bethany Church. To provide opportunities for women to grow spiritually, develop friendships and encourage each other.JOB:
1. Lead and maintain a women’s ministry leadership team, developing its members in the spirit of continuous improvement.
2. Lead, support and develop volunteer leadership.
3. Research and provide resource options for individual as well as group studies.
4. Assist the church in meeting the spiritual, emotional and intellectual needs of women in their various stages of life and cultural diversity.
5. Recruit and train leaders to assist in women’s ministries.
6. Schedule and host or delegate periodic women’s retreats, seminars or conferences.
7. Advertise women’s ministry events in the bulletin, monthly Bethany Post, community and website.
8. Staff meetings
9. Establish and administer the budget affecting women’s ministry.
10. Establish goals and implement strategies to attain them.JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Preferred Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a field related to the position.
2. Preferred 3+ years active involvement in a Christian ministry.
3. Strong administrative, interpersonal and organizational skills
4. Effective written and oral communication
5. Action-orientation and self-starter
6. Ability to relate to a wide variety of personalities and styles, while maintaining a positive experience and “customer focus” for the other person
7. Good recruiter of unpaid servants through relational ministry
8. Computer proficiency, with Microsoft Office experienceLIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.When Appling for the position(s) please denote your preference...Combine these two (2) Part-Time Jobs together for a Full Time position.
(2) two Part-Time Jobs available (25 hour work week) / Exempt.Please forward your Cover Letter with Resume to the following Email Link, thank you.