This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
High School Minister
Mountaintop Community Church
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Date Posted: 08/08/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Mountaintop Community Church is looking for a guy to come alongside an established, fun, creative team as a High School Minister.
• Assist the Director of Student Ministries by leading out in the High School ministry.
• Preach/Teach as member of rotating team
• Help design and execute worship and teaching services
• Help design and execute inreach and outreach events
• Attend school lunches, games, etc. to build bridges with students
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Be called to ministry
• Feel called to evangelism
• Possess unusually strong integrity
• Possess high energy and contagious passion
• Be intelligent
• Have a good sense of humor
• Be willing to operate in an outreach-focused ministry that disciples as it goes into all the world.
• Have the capacity and desire for future growth and greater potential both for self, the local church, and the kingdom of God
• Have a passion for the success of the Student Ministry and Mountaintop
• Be experienced in multiple ministry functions
• Be willing and able to lead
• Be willing and able to follow
• Be willing and able to serve
• Be able to identify and utilize the gifts of each team member, using them to their utmost effectiveness
• Is a member of Mountaintop Community Church (or willing to become one) and attends services regularly
• Has a strong and consistent walk with Christ, exemplified by a life of obedience and example
• Keeps current on ministry trends and looks for opportunities to apply this information within the context of the Mountaintop family
• No egos allowed!
• Must be an honest person with bulletproof integrity
• College degree
• Hands on leadership roles in youth organizations; church work preferred
• Ministry experience in contemporary, seeker-targeted church preferable
• Proven experience in growing a ministry
TO APPLY, PLEASE SNAIL-MAIL or E-MAIL:
• CD / DVD (links to online media is also acceptable) with you teaching in a corporate setting. Selections that demonstrate your natural style should be included. Applications without media will not be considered.
• Resume with work and salary history, as well as current salary requirements, if any.
• Family/personal Photo
• At least 3 ministry references.
• Send to:
MOUNTAINTOP COMMUNITY CHURCH
Attn: Sally Young, Director of Student Ministries
225 Centerview Drive
Birmingham, AL 35216
Incomplete applications (those without all accompanying support materials listed above) will not be considered. Items will not be returned. Candidates who appear to be a good match for both Mountaintop and this position from a preliminary review of qualifications and experience will be contacted for interviews and further steps.
Response Deadline: 10.7.2010
We are a community of people located in the suburbs of Greater Birmingham. On an average Sunday around 2,000 people attend, many of those coming to church for the first time or the first time in a long time. Our Senior Pastor, Dr. Bill Elder, is passionate about outreach and founded Mountaintop eighteen years ago in order to reach the unchurched in the heart of the Bible belt. Our people come from a large variety of church backgrounds; many come from no church background at all. Throughout our history, over 70% of our membership has come from an unchurched background. As such, we are deeply committed to the teachings of the Bible, and we are sincere in our desire to follow the example of Jesus Christ as the Savior and leader of our lives. We highly value real and authentic relationships, recognizing that God is eager to meet us right where we are and his desire is to see us become everything that he has created us to be. We are passionate about helping people of all ages grow as Christ-followers. We accomplish this through dynamic children’s ministries, student ministries, small groups, as well as other ministry teams serving both within our church and in our community. Our worship services are contemporary and edgy. We utilize video, lighting, drama, music, props, and creative elements each week to communicate the most important message ever communicated, the gospel.