This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
First Alliance Church
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 08/05/2010
Categories: Senior Pastor
Denominations: Christian Missionary Alliance
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
First Alliance Church of Erie (Christian and Missionary Alliance) has been a pioneering work since 1899 and has grown to be a regional church of 1,100 on a campus of 33 acres near the shores of Lake Erie in Erie PA. In each generation the Pastor, elders, and congregation have trusted in Christ by taking focused faith-based risks to expand the work. Through the Spirit’s leading, people in our community and around the world have been impacted through discipleship, evangelism, worship, missions, and practical outreach as we seek to build the Kingdom. A main theme of our ministry is building Christian relationships and fostering healthy families. The FAC family is positioned for continued growth with a mission to transform our community for Christ. The regional location and gift mix of the congregation enables us to reach suburban, urban, and rural populations. Examples of recent dynamics are: a church plant within a church called Epic Faith, a portfolio of healing ministries, child and family initiatives, and outreach to homeless and refugees. The missionary-sending story of FAC is rich and ongoing: sending full time missionaries to the field, Great Commission Fund support, District leadership, multiple short term mission teams each year, and several active spin-off mission organizations and initiatives.
The FAC leadership and congregation are blessed with a unique diversity and unity that make us an exciting body of believers and a place to “Begin, Become, and Belong”.
The ideal candidate will have an infectious heart for Jesus and exhibit the gifts, disciplines, and skills needed to advance His Kingdom from the context of the First Alliance Church in Erie PA. We are looking for someone who has experience in challenging and growing a large church and who in particular has a true, winsome and faithful presence in the pulpit, an ability to cast clear vision, and build strong teams to bring that vision to fruition. The successful candidate will be a leader/coach, who works in partnership with the staff, elders and lay leaders to shepherd the flock, lives to glorify God in discipleship and worship, and is willing to take faith-filled conservative risks to fulfill our mission.
• Senior Pastor of First Alliance Church (FAC), Erie, Pa.
Key areas of responsibilities
• Advance the worship life of the congregation, providing spirit-filled and spirit led preaching and teaching of scriptures.
• Lead FAC vision casting process in collaboration with the Board of Elders (BOE) and professional staff.
• Guide the BOE and professional staff in developing strategies and functional execution plans designed to achieve FAC’s ministry
• Provide strategic leadership and evaluation of all FAC ministry programs.
• Provide strong leadership and direction to a professional staff of seven (7) and support staff of nine (9).
• Develop and maintaining with the BOE appropriate succession plans and career paths for staff professionals.
• Cultivate a staff environment that fosters spiritual and personal accountability to God and each other.
Experience to include
• Accomplished preacher/speaker/communicator with a minimum of eight to ten years preaching experience.
• Minimum of five to seven years experience working in a multiple church staff environment.
• Involvement in church vision casting and strategic planning.
• Proven experience in mentoring and developing others.
• Experience in church budgets and finances.
• Direct oversight of ministry programs and volunteer staffing.
• Held senior pastor position in multi-staff environment with direct oversight of professional staff.
• Multi-staff experience that included a preaching rotation involving other staff pastors.
• Accustomed and comfortable in working with an active and engaged Elder Board dealing with high level and challenging church issues.
• Proficient in conflict resolution and counseling members of the congregation.
• Exceptional preacher/teacher, communicator, leader and administrator.
• Collaborative thinker and team builder with the ability to lead groups to consensus.
• Capable of holding himself and others accountable in a compassionate and Christ-like fashion.
• Risk taker for the Kingdom!
• Comfortable with congregation setting of 800 to 1200 members.
• Able to relate and interface with a wide cross-section of people comfortably.
Christian and Missionary Alliance (CMA) and educational credentialing
• Essential: Must be pursuing credentialing in the C&MA
• Preferred: Licensed with C&MA
• Essential: Bachelors’ degree in Theology or Biblical Studies
• Preferred: Masters of Divinity or Doctorial Degree