Full Time Director of Middle School Ministry
Trinity United Presbyterian Church is an evangelical community of 1200 members with a passion for reaching and discipling the emerging generation. Trinity is a reformed church committed to mission, discipleship and outreach at every age level. Trinity is located in the Santa Ana/Tustin area, in the heart of Orange County, California.
The Director of Middle School Ministry is expected to have previously embraced the essential tenants of Christian faith, including a personal belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Knowledge of the Bible and a vibrant, demonstrable Christian lifestyle is assumed.
- Develop and implement opportunities for students to worship, learn and explore a broad range of faith experiences including; Sunday morning worship and teaching, week night outreach programs, student leadership development, small groups, camping trips, service projects, transition activities and other special events.
- Work to integrate middle school students into the broader life and body of the church, including worship, service, mentor relationships and other opportunities.
- Facilitate the transition of incoming students into the middle school ministry (working closely with the Children’s Director) and of 8th grade students who are promoting into the high school ministry (working closely with the Director of High School Ministry).
- Provide training and pastoral guidance to year-round middle school volunteer staff and interns; participate in the recruitment, selection, hiring and training of summer internship positions; coordinate activities and provide direction to year-round church volunteer staff; assure activities comply with established policies and procedures.
- Provide program information and assistance to the Associate Pastor of Student and Family Ministries and related church personnel as required; participate in the development and implementation of the overall Trinity ministry; align middle school ministry with the Church operations and activities.
- Communicate with administrators, personnel and outside organizations to coordinate activities and programs, resolve issues and conflicts and exchange information; forge partnerships with parents, volunteers, staff and outside agencies to develop faithful and effective ministry.
- Attend worship with the broader church community at Trinity and participate in the various ministry meetings as assigned, including, general and departmental staff meetings to share information and address program issues, Family Ministry Team meetings; Participate in ongoing ministry and vocational training.
- Teach the Bible in an engaging and relevant manner.
-Plan, organize, coordinate and implement a variety of activities related to the fellowship of middle school students.
- Develop a comprehensive discipleship ministry to nurture students in their faith journeys.
- Reach and connect a broad range of Christian and non-Christian middle school students.
- Facilitate the transition of students into middle school and then onto the high school ministry program.
- Work collaboratively with students, staff, parents and congregation.
- Provide resources for students and their parents, including referrals to outside agencies.
- Recruit, select, train and provide guidance to year-round volunteer staff and interns.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Prepare comprehensive narrative and statistical reports, with the assistance of Student Ministries Admin. Assistant
- Work confidentially with discretion.
- Work with assigned budget to properly allocate and manage funds for various ministry needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: Bachelor’s degree and 3 years experience working with youth ministry in a church setting.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 714-544-6837.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's PastorNew Hope
- Salem, Oregon
- October 17
Fellowship Kids - Volunteer CoordinatorFellowship Bible Church Dallas
- Dallas, Texas
- October 17
Faith Formation CoordinatorTrinity Lutheran Church
- Kent, Ohio
- October 12
School of Ministry DirectorFirst Church of the Open Bible
- Des Moines, Iowa
- October 12
Ministry Support CoordinatorHackberry Creek Church
- Irving, Texas
- October 11
Trinity United Presbyterian Church
Our mission is to be a discipling community where Christ’s power is transforming lives as we explore, connect, grow and serve on a life-long journey of faith. We are seeing Christ’s power change lives. More...