This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Women
Northwest Bible Church
Dallas, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 08/04/2010
Categories: Discipleship Pastor - Women's Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
OPPORTUNITY PROFILE for MINISTER OF WOMEN at
NORTHWEST BIBLE CHURCH
Northwest Bible Church is a non-denominational church which was established in 1951 in the northwest corner of the city of Dallas. The church has a long legacy of preaching the Word in Dallas and around the world. This legacy continues today as the church pursues its goal of Passionately Pursuing Jesus Christ (www.northwestbible.org).
The Mission statement for Northwest Bible Church is:
Northwest Bible exists to equip people to passionately pursue Jesus Christ to do whatever He asks of us in this world. Northwest’s values include being:
i. Extremely devoted to God
ii. Vitally connected in community
iii. Fully invested in Christ’s church
iv. Actively loving a lost and broken world
v. Graciously focused on the Truth
1. Be an innovative leader who understands the culture along with its impact on women. She will lead a diverse leadership team that will engage in a creative process resulting in real and effective ministry strategies. When implemented, these ministry strategies will facilitate spiritual growth, foster intergenerational relationships based on the Titus 2 model and equip women for ministry service.
2. Be an active relationship-builder who comes into Northwest Bible Church with energy and enthusiasm in order to connect with women.
3. Be an effective communicator of God’s Word who has a theological foundation shaped by conservative evangelical theology. She must be able to teach as well as identify and develop a teaching team.
4. Be engaged in equipping and empowering women of all generations to live out their full God-given potential.
5. Be an available guide whose insight enables her to direct women with counseling needs to the appropriate resources.
6. Be a strategic partner with the Core Leadership Team and other ministry leaders in order to communicate the church’s passion and vision.
7. Be a passionate follower of Jesus Christ whose love for the Lord and others inspires the women of Northwest Bible Church to do the same.
Education and Experience:
1. Hold a minimum of a Master of Christian Education degree or a similar advanced theological degree.
2. Fully support and be able to teach the church’s doctrinal statement.
3. Have 3-5 years experience leading an organized ministry and/or corporate working experience.
Please take the time to answer these questions as fully as you see fit and include them as an additional attachment at the time you submit your resume.
1. Describe your faith in Christ. Tell us how you came to know the Lord and your journey with Him.
2. What are your spiritual gifts and how have you developed them?
3. If you could paint a picture of a strong women’s ministry, what would it look like?
4. What changes have you observed in women and women’s ministry over the last few years and how would you address them as the Minister of Women?
5. What are the three most critical areas that you see women need?
Submit these responses (in Word or PDF format) along with your application and resume to:
Tina Johnson - HR Coordinator, Northwest Bible Church
8505 Douglas Avenue
Dallas, Texas 75225
Ministry Work Schedule: Sunday through Thursday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, off Friday and Saturday.
Benefits Package includes: Medical, Dental, Life, Flex Spending, 403(b), Defined Benefit Plan (Retirement Plan), Long-term Disability, Paid holidays, Paid vacation.
To apply for this position, please complete our application at: www.northwestbible.org/jobs (and answer the questions listed at the end of this description). Thank you.