This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Music/Youth Leader
Wicks Lane Baptist Church
Billings, Montana, United States
Date Posted: 08/03/2010
Categories: Music Ministry
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 50 to 100
Job Type: Part-Time
We are looking for a Minister of Music/Youth Leader. We preferably would like to combine both titles into one position, however, that is not mandatory. This will be a part-time bi-vocational position. We would prefer a married couple, however, this position is open to single candidates as well.
We are a small Southern Baptist Church with 65-75 in attendance for worship. Our style of worship music is a blend of hymns, songs of praise, and contemporary. Our goal is to incorporate more live music into our services with a praise team, special music, musical instrumentation, but no Christian rock. Below is the job description.
1. 12-15 hours per week. Music/Worship Leader-$8,400.00 annually. Combined position-$15,000.00 annually.
2. Work with and develop those in the church that can play musical instruments or sing so we can move from our current
worship style to live music with a praise team concept.
3. Select, organize, and lead worship through song and music on Sunday morning and evening worship services.
4. Plan special music for each Sunday morning worship service.
5. Be accountable to the pastor and work with him.
6. Must be willing to put some hours in at night or on Saturday to accommodate those that work M-F.
7. Must have musical ability (i.e. must be able to sing and maybe play an instrument).
8. Direct 1-2 cantatas each year.
9. Organize Christmas caroling for shut-ins each year.
10. Assist the pastor and deacons in visitation.
11. Two years of Bible college training desired.
Youth Leader Requirements
1. Teach a Bible study lesson every week and seek to evangelize the lost.
2. Organize a game or activity that will take place during youth meetings. Some suggestions might be Bible Trivia,
pool contest, a time of sharing, etc.
3. Youth Leader must attend Sunday morning worship and be an example to our youth.
4. There is a budget for expenses and outings.
5. Should try to organize an outing, such as bowling, Christian music concert or other activity at least once a month to
every 6 weeks.
6. Would prefer a couple but will consider a male candidate as well.
7. Cannot be a young woman- 1 Timothy 2:12.
8. Must have a good knowledge of the Word, two years of Bible college would be desired but not required.
9. Must be accountable to the leadership at Wicks Lane Baptist Church and strive to be a part of the church family.
10. Depending on maturity level, ages 24-35 is preferred, but will consider someone as young as 22.
11. Will see to it that furnishings, game tables, and equipment are not abused.
12. Responsible in personal finances as well as ministry expenditures.