PASTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRIES
Job Profile: This ministry opportunity combines the excitement of a newer growing church with stable visionary leadership. Here is a chance to partner with a church and an experienced lead pastor that have a strong sense of mission located only three blocks from the campus of Cal. State University Long Beach. Excellent youth staff already on board looking for a great leader. Full time, good living wage based on qualifications and experience, amazing potential.
1. Professing, growing, committed Christian who has an obvious love for Jesus Christ and meets the qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
2. Evangelical orientation in theology and in full agreement with Cornerstone’s statement of faith.
3. Belief in an equipping model for ministry where teamwork and lay mobilization according to gift and passion is valued and practiced.
4. Genuine love for youth evidenced in an approachable, fun-filled manner.
5. Understands and identifies with today’s youth culture and knows how to relate the Bible to teens.
6. Completion of at least a bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
7. Demonstrates initiative in ministry. A self-starter able to create new ministry.
1. Provide godly leadership in discipleship, evangelism, fellowship and care to the Senior High students and to the entire youth ministry team.
2. Build a missional youth ministry where students and staff understand their gift and passion.
3. Partner with parents of students to train, communicate and support them in their God-given parenting responsibility.
1. Act as supervisor and consultant to the Junior High director and ministry team.
2. Carry out limited pastoral duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
1. Organize, recruit and direct Senior High ministry team leaders.
2. Train and encourage student ministry team leaders.
3. Oversee and lead weekly Sunday and midweek ministry.
4. Lead the youth staff and student leaders in planning, organizing and promoting a schedule of Senior High events that place value on Bible understanding and application, worship, relationship building, fun, and Christian mission.
5. Meet regularly with Lead Pastor and Pastoral staff for prayer and planning
1. Directly accountable to the Lead Pastor.
2. Lead overall ministry in cooperation with senior high ministry leaders and student ministry team.
Dr. Jerry Rueb, Cornerstone Church
1000 N Studebaker Rd.
Long Beach, CA 90815
562 296 6490
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student and Outreach PastorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
Youth Director/PastorGrace Covenant Church
- Olympia, Washington
- December 2
Director of Teen MinistryLutheran Church of the Resurre
- Granite Bay, California
- December 2
Scottsdale Bible Church - Student Ministry PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Cornerstone Church was birthed on 9/11 with eight couples. We have grown quickly but solidly with our team-based ministry style, biblical preaching, small groups and significant community connection. We are fically sound. Our $ 8 million building is almost paid off and we give 20% to missions. We place a stong emphasis on prayer and are quickly becoming a multi-racial faith community. Cornerstone has close ties to other likeminded churches and we strategically partner to build the kingdom of God. The staff are strong, vibrant leaders who t More...