This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Pastor / Director
Pearland, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 08/02/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor - Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Are you someone who loves introducing kids to a real God? Are you someone who gets excited to see kids fall in love with Jesus and bring their parents to church? Then this might be the job for you.
We are looking for the right person to add to our dynamic team here at Crosspoint in the area of Kids Ministry. This position is geared for seeing lives transformed for birth thru 6th grade. Crosspoint is an innovative and creative church that strives for excellence in everything we do. We are looking for someone who can not just babysit children on sunday mornings but can create environments that not only draws the kids but makes them want to bring mom and dad along!
The make-up of Crosspoint is mainly composed of young families with kids and we need someone who can take us to the next level in this area of ministry. If you feel that you are that person, then check out our website at crosspointchurch.tv and look at the job description below. Email resumes to email@example.com
• Enlist, develop and sustain a group of adults to serve in the Bible study, discipleship, missions, worship and special-events ministries for children.
• Oversee, implement and coordinate the effective use of curriculum by developing a strategy involving scope, sequence and balance that provides for a comprehensive study of the Bible.
• Provide counseling, new Believer’s training, coordinate baptisms, discipleship events and training and other special events for children.
• Oversee and be responsible for such things as Vacation Bible School, Children’s Worship, camps and other special events/activities for children.
• Resource volunteers and parents for success.
• Ability to remain current in children strategies and technology.
• Delegate ministry components in order to attend adult worship on a regular basis.
• Develop a proposal for the Children’s Ministry budget and manage it according to church policies.
• Participate in Elder and Staff meetings as requested.
• Partner in a team-oriented staff in the development of short- and long-term strategies to achieve the purpose and vision of the church.
• Be a growing disciple of Jesus Christ and involved in professional development.
• Visit children and their parents as needed.
• Skill set would include organization and delegation of tasks.
• Preferred to have served full-time leading a children’s ministry
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required to apply.