Being on mission with God is the heartbeat of Westgate Chapel.
We are becoming fully committed Christ followers as we grow together. And Jesus is always leading us outside the building. For us that means missions isn’t a program, it’s a lifestyle. We are living out His mission in our community, our region, and the world.Job Function:
· The Children’s Ministry Director will be responsible for the oversight and discipleship to our children’s ministry birth through elementary.
· Additionally, this person is responsible for the identification, recruiting, training, coaching, and monitoring the children’s ministry staff and volunteers.
· Character Development: Servant leader who has a strong pastoral shepherding heart for children birth through elementary school. Reports:
· Directly to the Senior Pastor.
· Work in collaboration with other staff members and ministry team leaders.Responsibilities:Staffing/Volunteer Functions:
· Implement a comprehensive Children’s Ministry Volunteer strategy that identifies, recruits, trains, coaches, and monitors volunteers for all areas of children’s ministry.
· Give volunteers everything they need to minister effectively to children. This involves the initial and ongoing training for leaders and leadership teams and includes providing resources, training and encouragement).
· Ensure that Children’s Ministry staff adheres to our policies to protect and safeguard our children. This includes fire/hazard policies and drills, improved security measures, and background checks.Programming and Ministries Functions:
· Work as a team to develop Children’s Ministry discipleship goals, direction, mission and vision in line with the purpose and mission of Westgate Chapel.
· Give direct oversight to our Sunday, weekly and special events (e.g. Church wide evangelism efforts, Large Easter services/plans, VBS, etc…).
· Facilitate the spiritual and numerical growth of children birth through elementary school.
· Accept financial oversight and responsibility for the activities and programs.
· Possess a passion for helping children, parents, and children's ministry workers fulfill the Great Commission and the Great Commandment through ministry efforts to children and their families.Minimum Qualifications:Spiritual:
· Is a born-again Spirit-filled believer through faith in Jesus Christ, having made a personal profession of faith in Jesus Christ and has evidence of God’s call to Children’s Ministry.
· Fulfill the biblical qualifications for church leadership with a pastoral shepherding heart (1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9, 2:3-5).
· Has genuine warmth and care for people that is reciprocated as people enjoy being around them.
· This position demands that the individual be competent in providing spiritual, emotional and relational care to the volunteer leadership of this ministry. This includes general pastoral duties, counseling, and being a resource for ideas.
· Has a high level of energy, yet balances long hours with the time needed for their own walk with God, appropriate time for family, and personal time for refreshment and diversion.
· Is missions-minded for the Lord's work through Westgate Chapel to reach our entire region and the whole world.
· Spiritually mature and able to live a positive Christian lifestyle in accordance with WGC policies and procedures as stated in employee handbook and agree completely with Westgate Chapel’s Mission, Vision, Values, Bylaws and Doctrinal Statement.Professional
· Possess proven leadership experience with the ability to design, develop and manage an effective leadership team and build a vibrant and growing ministry in a larger church and ministry team setting.
· Ability to inspire and motivate people: to cast a vision with a contagious enthusiasm while working collaboratively with various teams.
· Have a Bachelor’s Degree in either Bible and/or Elementary Education.
· Must possess strong communication and writing skills.
· Demonstrate professional appearance and demeanor.
· Must be able to meet the licensing requirements of the Christian and Missionary Alliance.Personal:
· Consistently exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
· Demonstrate emotional health.
· Is open to change, has a teachable spirit, wants to improve, grow and likes to work collaboratively.
· Must faithfully attend WGC services, events and activities.
· Possess a high degree of intellectual flexibility.
· All candidates must be able to prove eligibility to work in the United StatesCompetitive salary/benefits package. If interested please send us your Resume and Cover Letter to the following Email CMDHire@westgatechapel.orgaddress, thank you.