This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Church - Community Ministry Administrative Assistant
Northwest Bible Church
Dallas, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 07/29/2010
Categories: Non-ministry Jobs - Secretarial/Office
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
Please go to our website to complete an application: www.northwestbible.org/jobs.
Church: Community Ministry Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Community Minister
Works with: Community Ministry Team, Ministerial & Support Staff, Ministry Volunteers, and Congregation
Scope: To facilitate effective ministry by performing administrative tasks pertaining to Community Small Groups, Connecting and Community Care Ministries.
Requirements: Minimum 1-2 years administrative support experience in office environment. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Publisher and Powerpoint. Fellowship One database experience preferred.
Regular, Full-time, 40 hours a week, M-F, 8:30 AM to 5 PM (some weekends as needed).
• Coordinate schedules and meetings for church staff and lay leadership, serve as liaison between ministers, lay leadership, and administration departments at the church. Coordinate volunteers for select Community, Connecting and Community Care ministries. Meet with ministry teams as needed.
• Participate in small group placement process by assisting in communication to lay leaders and small group applicants, and updates for small group rosters.
• Participate in administrative aspects of connecting people new to the church to ministry opportunities, including New Connections, Small Groups, Pastor’s Lunch and New Members Workshop.
• Request checks, etc. as needed for events, speakers, reimbursements for lay leadership, and Community staff.
• Serve as events coordinator for ministry area. Responsibilities include: attending events according to staff needs (funerals, conferences, leadership trainings), assisting with setup and/or cleanup of events at the church as needed and requested by Community staff, coordinating event registrations, designing and preparing materials for events, printing & distributing materials as needed for Community functions and special events (i.e. nametags, handouts, rosters, response forms, leadership notebooks, curriculum), setting up additional room/service needs for ministry events.
• Work with Community ministers to communicate Community events to Northwest through the bulletin and other means. Schedule promotion of events in the worship services through announcements, video and Power Point displays. Design, prepare, and distribute communication materials, such as announcement slides, brochures, flyers, registration forms, posters, handouts and curriculum.
• Update Community, Connecting and Community Care areas of church webpage including current and future events, newsletters and other Community information.
• Serve as the primary source of information for Community, Connecting and Community Care ministries for those contacting the church via telephone or e-mail. Communicate ministry needs to lay leadership and volunteers via email and telephone.
• Apply and utilize the master church database for the completions of Community groups, leaders, Connecting information (new members, etc.) and care circles (Mercies and Baptism) assignments including communications, lists, groupings, reports, activity and volunteer management and all other functions involving the use of an individual’s records and information.
• Serve on the Data Integrity Team to insure that the database records are accurate and up-to-date for church ministry. Responsibilities include: participating in regular DIT meetings, merging of duplicates, managing new additions from the website or check-in-stations, personally contacting individuals for accuracy of records and completion of other data clean-up-projects.
• Continue to gain and sharpen database application skills through regular participation in database training.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life, Flex, 403(b), Retirement Plan, Paid holidays, Paid vacation, Paid Sick time.
Only experienced administrative assistants apply, please.