This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Apex, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 09/29/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Hope Chapel has an exciting opportunity for a Student Ministries Pastor to join our pastoral staff and amazing church family! The ideal candidate will be a Spirit-filled, high energy, out of the box thinker with experience in developing, coordinating and administering an effective Student Ministry (middle/high school age). Our new Student Pastor will be responsible for outreach and connecting with youth, providing them with fellowship and spiritual growth while overseeing high-energy services, student leadership teams, discipleship and small group Huddles. This person must be an effective communicator and be able to handle multiple priorities passionately, successfully and creatively and while meeting deadlines.
Hope Chapel is a Foursquare Church in Apex, North Carolina, a rapidly growing community near Raleigh. We are a diverse community of believers and seekers desiring to know God in a proactive and meaningful way. Our church vision is to Connect with God-Others-and the World and our core ministries are aligned to achieve our mission.
We offer an excellent benefit package that includes a variety of employee health and dental options, discounted school tuition for children attending our Hope Preschool and a leave program that includes vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
No phone calls please. Email cover letter and resume with position title: Student Ministries Pastor to:
Subject: Student Ministries Pastor
Web Site: www.hopeNC.org
:: Job Summary ::
The Student Ministries Pastor works under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and in concert with other staff members and Student Ministry team leaders in fulfilling the church’s vision and mission as established by the Senior Pastor, Executive Team and Church Council, accepting the vital role of initiating pastoral, administrative and organizational leadership for an amazing group of students and their families at Hope Chapel.
The Student Ministries Pastor is tasked with coordinating and administering an effective Student Ministry program; teaching, ministering to and connecting students in the ministry life of the church, establishing relationships with teens, parents and helping youth find Christ. They will lead the adult and student leadership teams in spiritual growth and visioneering high impact large group gatherings and small group discipleship missions’ trips and community service projects.
:: Primary Duties and Responsibilities ::
• Develop, mentor and oversee Sr. and Jr. High ministry leadership teams, ensuring they understand the overall vision, mission and culture of the church.
• Ensure the overall expansion and growth of Hope Chapel’s Sr. and Jr. High programs through creative, God honoring outreach oriented programming.
• Provide counseling and spiritual direction to team leaders and students on an individual basis as needed.
• Meet with parents of youth for encouragement and coaching.
• Develop high impact monthly Rally Services
• Develop teams and oversee Sunday morning youth services using teaching, music, drama, video, games, and media to reach students.
• Ensure Student Ministries team is equipped and weekly involved on local student campuses.
• Ensures frequent exposure of Student Ministries activities in church program and life of the overall church.
• Develop the Student Ministry budget, tracking expenditures throughout the fiscal year.
• Regular recruiting of Student Ministry leaders and students, ensuring healthy involvement and ongoing growth of Student Ministries program.
• Participates in general Pastoral duties as deemed necessary.
Areas of responsibility and accountability may change occasionally, based upon the responsibilities and needs of the ministry.
:: Personal Requirements ::
• Commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
• Passionate celebration and ownership of the vision, mission, values and policies of Hope Chapel.
• Ability to work flexible and/or overtime hours if required to complete assigned tasks.
• Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor, servant’s heart and “can-do” attitude.
• Spirit-filled with excellent understanding of gifts and calling.
• Commitment to raising generations of youth that have a deep desire to follow Christ and enjoy His presence.
• Has a love for team ministry.
:: Education and Skills required ::
• Bachelors Degree in Youth Ministry or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum three years leadership experience in Youth Ministry or related field.
• Strong communication and writing skills.
• History of gathering a group of leaders and youth and leading them successfully.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and with attention to detail.
The Student Ministry position is an excellent opportunity for an aggressive, extroverted, spirit-filled and deeply passionate follower of Christ with a calling to full time church ministry.