This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Life Pastor
Mountain Springs Church
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 07/26/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
POSITION TITLE: Children's Life Pastor
The Children’s Life Pastor is offered the opportunity to join a fast-paced team of servant-leaders at Mountain Springs Church in providing pastoral leadership, oversight, vision and direction to the children of MSC. The objective of the role is to help the children of MSC families understand what it means to be fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. This individual is responsible for supervision of all Children’s Life staff and volunteers in close collaboration with the other Pastors and lay volunteers they support. The role contributes to the development and implementation of vibrant children life at MSC.
MSC values each employee and the important role they fill on staff. We recognize that it is God who builds the staff team of our church and fully rely on Him to bring us the right person for any job. They must be a mature believer in the Lord and have the ability to handle stress and a busy, fast-paced environment with winsomeness and confidentiality. They must, above all, enjoy being part of a growing and dynamic ministry team. The Children’s Life Pastor abides by and actively supports the vision, mission, values, policies, and procedures of MSC. Included in this position description are the essential functions required.
(This is a salaried position and overtime exempt)
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS & DISTINCTIVES:
The successful candidate must have the following education and experience:
Minimum Education: B.A. Degree
Minimum Experience: At least 3 years experience serving in the capacity of Children’s Life Pastor* in a congregation similar in style and size of MSC
(*or a similar Children’s Pastor role)
Direct supervision received: Executive Pastor
Direct supervision exercised: All Children’s Life paid and volunteer staff, support staff as assigned
Natural Skills, Abilities & Passion:
• Passion and obvious love for God
• A life distinguished by humility
• Strong passion for ministry to children
• Strong pastoral and leadership gifting
• A global perspective on the body of Christ expressed through a love for missions
• Great awareness in the need of delegation and broad experience in doing so
• Desire and matching capacity to develop leaders
• Excellent honed teaching and general communication skills
• Interpersonal awareness and developed people skills
• Excellent knowledge and experience in leading children’s life program elements
• Great insight into creating and sustaining a healthy ministry environment
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and make healthy decisions under stress
• Long-term strategic planning and short-term project management
• Managing others while working within a growing and changing Church culture
• Enjoy working collaboratively and within a dynamic team
• A demonstrated interest in new children’s ministry techniques and technologies
POSITION FOCUS & NEEDS:
We believe that the universal-Church exists to bring glory and honor to Jesus Christ. We desire that each individual, regardless of age (I Timothy 4:12), would experience Christ in his or her heart, that they would come to realize the wonderful adventure of being a disciple of Jesus and having an authentic relationship with Him.
Our Children’s Life Pastor facilitates this desire by equipping a new generation of God’s servants by sowing and nurturing deep and long-lasting relationships with God and others; assisting in the growth of MSC children into young people of faith. In addition, the Children’s Life Pastor will lead in providing:
1.) A Safe Community where our children can develop friendships with other believers and ultimately help prepare them both spiritually and emotionally for the next stages of their lives.
2.) A Serving Community where our children can begin to understand the missional-work of Jesus by seeing and actually participating in opportunities which impact the local and trans-local communities for the Kingdom of God.
3.) A Supportive Community where we provide practical and spiritual support to the Godly role of the parent.
1. Provide pastoral covering and headship to the over 600 children in our Children’s Life Ministry
2. Oversee and develop the full scope of staff leadership development, including but not limited to identification, recruitment, delegation, deployment, and coaching. Children’s Life currently has 9 paid staff and 150 volunteer staff
3. Understanding the staffing structure and organizational management needed to facilitate a growing children’s ministry
4. Expand the relevant weekly spiritual gatherings that involve dynamic Bible teaching, Christ-centered worship and relational opportunities for both the children and the Children’s Life staff
5. Lead in the development or selection of teaching curriculum
6. Lead in the planning and execution of the annual Vacation Bible School event, to include but not limited to team recruiting, team development, publications, and volunteer appreciation
7. Lead in the planning and execution of Children’s Easter, Christmas and other annual events
8. Oversee quarterly church-wide baby dedication services
9. Build upon the integration of all family-centered ministries at MSC
10. Work with Student Life Pastor and Family Life Pastor to build a multi-generational ministry
11. Development of quarterly and annual ministry plans and analysis
12. Development of annual operational budget for Children’s Life ministry