This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Media
The Journey Church
New York, New York, United States
Date Posted: 09/16/2010
Denominations: Not Applicable
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Media @ The Journey Church in NYC
Are you called to serve in New York City?
Are you passionate about raising up media/production team members and volunteer leaders, leading a proven media and worship planning system, and growing a media ministry in a multi-site setting?
Are you interested in expanding an already healthy media/production volunteer structure to a structure of over 75 volunteers?
Can you join with our worship arts staff to lead the media and production area of our church at a high level, and bring creative and technical excellence to the on-stage and backstage elements of a multi-site, multi-service setting, and to cultivate a great media and production team at a growing, contemporary church in New York City?
The Journey Church is looking for a Director of Media who has expertise in video production/editing, sound and lighting, who will work to build and strengthen a team of volunteers and who is committed to producing the highest quality worship experiences through sound, media and lighting in a portable, multi-site church in NYC.
- A Solid Calling to New York City
- The ability to manage a large and growing media/production Team System
- The ability to develop, grow and lead ministry teams
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- A high level understanding and expertise in:
video display and infrastructure
sound reinforcement and infrastructure in a contemporary / rock multimedia rich context
Ability to call creative camera shots
Ability to utilize lighting in a creative way to create a particular atmosphere
- Ability to teach others to do what you do and know what you know
- A positive attitude
- A risk taker
- A passion for technical excellence
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
- Must have experience in a church of 500 or more
- Must be willing to work up to 60 hours a week when necessary
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered. In the cover letter please include a LINK TO YOUR WORK. (i.e. videos you’ve produced, events you’ve directed, church services you’ve directed media teams to produce)
**No Phone Calls Please**
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 3 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) Why you would feel comfortable relocating to New York City?
(3) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.