This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Sr. High Worship Arts Director
First Baptist Church
Bristol, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 07/21/2010
Categories: Music Ministry
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
First Baptist Church, Elkhart, IN
Sr. High/Worship Arts Director
The Sr. High/Worship Arts Director will be responsible to develop, coordinate, and lead all elements of the “worship experience” for the FBC Youth Ministry program and High School chapel services at Elkhart Christian Academy. The goal of his/her ministry will be two-fold: (1) to create powerful encounters with God; (2) to disciple students, in hopes that our students will have enhanced horizontal and vertical relationships. He/she is to foster an environment where students can authentically and comfortably express their hunger and love for God, and experience unity within the youth community. He/she should exhibit strong leadership qualities and talent in musical worship, attention to creative elements, as well as discipleship and administrative abilities.
• Must be above reproach and have an authentic walk with Christ.
• Current involvement in a local church
• Strong commitment to Christian beliefs and sound Biblical theology
• Ability and willingness to relate, communicate, and work with other leaders of the FBC and ECA community
• Familiarity with the various needs of teenagers, as well as trends in secular and Christian arts and music
• Natural leadership and musical talent; comfortable leading a large group of teenagers
• A person who models enthusiasm for and creativity in worship that is contagious and evident to the FBC youth community.
• Ability to identify, recruit, train, equip, and motivate student members of the Worship Team, both at the church and school.
• Approachable and open to the ideas and ministry styles of others.
• Ability and desire to disciple high school students in both a one-on-one and small group setting, with the mindset of training and motivating youth to disciple others.