Music Worship LeaderCoach:
Sr. PastorJob Type:
Is a devoted follower of Jesus Christ. Has a passion for connecting people to God. Is committed to personal spiritual growth and participates in a discipleship/accountability group. Lives a healthy balanced lifestyle. Views this position as a ministry. Overview:
Is responsible for overall music and worship leadership in the contemporary worship celebration. Assists with special events where music is involved.Responsibilities:
Contemporary Worship Celebration
• Lead overall weekly worship celebration.
• Coordinate all elements of the worship celebration.
• Select music / songs that follow the theme of the message / scriptures selected by the preaching pastor for that week.
• Recruit, select, train, schedule, and rehearse musicians and vocalists for worship celebrations and special events.
• May occasionally perform special music in the traditional worship celebration.
• Prepare PowerPoints for congregational songs.Skills:
• Has a solid vocal and/or instrumental (keyboard or guitar) ability.
• Is able to work with and motivate servant musicians by example and through solid communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
• Is able to work with all ages and backgrounds of persons inside and outside the congregation.
• Able to train and empower servant leaders.
• Awareness of current trends in contemporary worship celebrations.
• Ability to discern the worship context of this ministry location.Education & Experience:
• A music degree is preferred.
• Prior worship leader experience required.
• Strong understanding of audio/ visual equipment a plus.
• Experience with Media Shout and PowerPoint a plus.To Apply send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgThis is an overview of this position and does not necessarily contain all the duties and responsibilities of the position.