This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Fellowship & Discipleship Pastor
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 12/10/2010
Categories: Discipleship Pastor - Small Group Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Grace Church is a contemporary church located in Southern Overland Park, a suburb of the Kansas City metro area. We exist to love Jesus more today than yesterday, love others the way He does, learn more about God and His Word each day, and lead others along this same road. This is our mission "to love, to learn, to lead". We consistently strive to see everyone at Grace grow to love Christ and find a friend to love at Grace, find a place to learn about God and His Word, and find a place to lead, either in a ministry within Grace, or in an outreach outside the walls of Grace.
We are currently looking for a Fellowship/Discipleship Pastor to lead the small group and demographic groups, and lead spiritual development initiatives.
Summary of Role: – Provide leadership and vision for the Fellowship and Discipleship areas of Grace Church. Help every member learn to love people as God loves them and to connect by finding a friend to love and a place to learn. Help every member be on a path to grow more like Christ each day.
* Develop overall vision, strategy and specific goals to facilitate every adult at Grace finding a friend to love.
* Cast vision and lead team for small groups & demographic ministry areas.
* Implement a small group leader support structure.
* Lead the small groups team meeting.
* Recruit, coach and encourage small group and demographic leaders.
* Consistently meet with the demographic leaders and small group coaches.
* Develop training process for small group leaders and coaches.
* Field initial counseling meetings, assess and recommend next steps.
* Create & implement periodic venues for church-wide fellowship.
* Develop overall vision, strategy and specific goals to facilitate every adult at Grace finding a place to learn.
* Cast and implement vision for church-wide spiritual development.
* Consistently cast vision for and implement the Adult spiritual development milestones.
* Provide vision and direction for adult classes to include Wednesday night strategy.
* Provide guidance, review & oversight of discipleship/teaching materials.
• Pastor experience at a large church.
• Strong Leadership skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to cast vision effectively.
• Passionate ownership of the vision, mission, values and purposes of Grace Church.
• Accept and agree with Grace Statement of Faith and member overview.
• Accept, support, and comply with Grace Church doctrine in fulfilling your job duties.
• Live a life consistent with Biblical principles and moral standards.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.