The Creative Arts Pastor is primarily responsible for developing, maintaining and overseeing a relevant Creative Arts ministry. This individual will build and lead the teams of volunteers that are necessary to minister to the local body through the arts.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES & SPIRITUAL GIFTS:
- BA or BS degree in ministry or related field; or a minimum of 5 years experience in the ministry focus areas of this position.
- Demonstrate spiritual maturity and character consistent with the Biblical requirements for leadership and worship.
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of live production, including: audio, lighting, video, multimedia, music and staging
at our current technical abilities or greater.
- Experience in a musical style representative of Riverside’s modern worship style (Chris Tomlin, Fee, Hillsongs, Lincoln
Brewster, Gateway Church, New Life Church).
- Excellent up-front worship leader in large public setting; preferably with an advanced skill level on guitar (keyboard is a
plus) and the ability to lead an effective rehearsal for both vocalists and band members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills that reach across generational barriers.
- Ability to work with multiple staff within a large organization.
- Strong personal commitment to Jesus Christ evidenced in lifestyle, personal relationships, commitment to the church
and work ethic.
- Christian compassion and a heart for lost people.
- Ability to multi-task quickly with good decision making skills and a commitment to excellence.
- Spiritual gifts of leadership, teaching and administration/organization.
RIVERSIDE COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Fully embrace Riverside’s mission, core values, vision, and policies.
- Pursue a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ through the regular practice of spiritual disciplines including prayer, Bible
reading and study, worship and generosity.
- Efficiently and effectively fulfill the position’s job description.
- Be reliable, take initiative and be self-motivated.
- Have a cooperative, healthy and encouraging relationship with supervisors and coworkers.
- Regularly attend worship services and be available to the congregation before and after services as duties allow.
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Maintain flexible working hours as determined by the needs of the ministry.
- Stay current with music trends and artistic growth using available resources.
- Have the full support of spouse, if married, to their ministry.
- The Creative Arts Pastor will work with the Executive Pastor in developing, leading and producing worship services that
engage the hearts of worshipers in meaningful, life-changing ways.
- Creative Arts Ministry Focus Areas: The Creative Arts Pastor will work in developing and leading the following areas:
Worship Teams (vocalists & band)
Service Planning Team
Technical Ministries: Sound, Video, Lights, Projection, Recording/Duplication, Website
Kingdom Kids Choir
Administrative needs for ministry focus areas
Visual Enhancement / Stage Design
Signs of Love (signing ministry)
Partner with other ministry areas to help support their music, arts and technical needs
Provide leadership and support to seasonal productions produced with the Executive Pastor
Team Facilitation: Responsible for helping to recruit, train and shepherd volunteer teams to lead and/or participate in
aforementioned ministry areas. Will also identify and plan for the gaps between where we currently are and where
we need to go, identifying and implementing the logical "next steps”.
Ministry Budget: Will work with the Executive Pastor to develop, recommend and manage the accounts connected to
Creative Arts Ministries. This will include reporting all expenses in a timely manner and reviewing budgets and
budget line items.
Ministry Staff Participation: Will participate in the general pastoral care of the congregation as directed by the Senior and
If you feel this job reflects God's call on your life and matches your skills and abilities, please send your resume to Judy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
St. Mark's Church - Audio/Visual DirectorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Burlington, North Carolina
- October 26
Worship and Associate PastorPataskala Grace Church
- Pataskala, Ohio
- October 26
Indy North Campus Worship PastorNorthview Church
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- October 26
Worship PastorVentura Missionary Church
- Ventura, California
- October 26
Worship Tech & IT DirectorLee's Summit Community Church
- Lee's Summit, Missouri
- October 25
Riverside Church resides in central Minnesota, just west of the metro areas of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Strategically located on the boundaries of Big Lake and Monticello, we also regularly serve the surrounding communities of Becker, Buffalo, Clear Lake, St. Michael, Albertville, and Elk River.
We place a high value on reaching people and helping them become fully devoted followers of Christ and our mission is unapologetically outward focused both in our community and around the world. Our primary local ou More...