This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Plainfield, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 07/09/2010
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Denominations: Not Applicable
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Part-Time
CenterPointe Church is a church plant with a core group of 75 in the south suburbs of Chicago. We are motivated to live as Christ followers in our community, reaching out and serving to show Christ's love and see lives transformed.
Worship at CenterPointe flows out of our mission to "Inspire a Lifelong Journey With Christ, one person, one community, one step at a time", a journey that flows into and out of worship using contemporary music and the arts.
The Worship Leader will develop and lead worship teams and our church into the presence of God through creative, contemporary worship. This person will provide oversight and discipleship for the weekend programming ministries, and will lead from a heart of personal authentic worship.
A. Develop worship teams that display passionate spirituality and musical excellence.
B. Lead the church in vibrant, authentic and creative corporate worship.
C. Provide oversight and coaching for the weekend programming team leaders.
D. Recruit, supervise and provide regular auditions for new vocalists and instrumentalists.
E. Meet regularly with the Lead Pastor, Creative Arts Coordinator and other ministry leaders to coordinate worship and ensure a focused and clear theme.
A. Work with Creative Arts Coordinator who leads in the development and implementation of a strategic plan.
B. For each Sunday Morning:
1. Ensure tech sheets, music, and other information is provided in timely fashion for weekly teams.
2. Maintain accurate files of music performed and provide regular records to CCLI.
IV. Accountability and Evaluation
A. Regularly meet for prayer and accountability with the Lead Pastor.
B. Lead Pastor will conduct annual reviews. In the first year there will be 3 and 6 month reviews.
· Creative Communication
Specific Skills/Talents Required:
· Instrumental (prefer acoustic) and vocal ability
· Ability to lead a group in worship through music and prayer
· Good social and communication skills
· Ability to build teams and passion to develop promising instrumentalists/vocalists
· Organizational skills
· Ability to coordinate and motivate others
· Continual Learner –researching cultural trends and creative ways to engage the congregation through worship
· Mature walk with God through personal worship; a love for music as worship, not performance
· Vibrant and growing relationship with God
· Contagious faith and personality
· Teachable spirit
Weekly Time Commitment:
· 15-20 hours per week
To apply, send resume to Fred De Jong at Fredadejong@gmail.com