This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
South Shore Baptist Church
Hingham, Massachusetts, United States
Date Posted: 07/09/2010
Categories: Associate Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
We are looking for an experienced individual to serve as a full-time associate pastor, with a focus on evangelism training, assimilation and membership, as well as discipleship, particularly through further organizing and overseeing our small groups ministry. This position reports to the Senior Pastor and will provide organizational leadership for the “front door” ministries of the church: helping newcomers to learn about SSBC, hear the gospel, and become committed members who are connected relationally to the church and are using their spiritual gifts. This role is particularly critical as we begin our building expansion and anticipate increased number of attendees. Although we desire a man who is personable and welcoming, it is even more important that this pastor excel in leadership, recruitment, coaching, team building, training and strategic thinking, because the ministry is too large to be done by one individual. This individual should fit the following profile:
- This individual must be in agreement with our church’s doctrinal statement and affirm our membership covenant.
- We desire a man who embraces reformed theology, and who has a vision for reformation by God’s Word in the local church.
- We are a congregation with individuals from multiple theological and church backgrounds, and so this individual must be able to work effectively in that context while faithfully articulating a biblical vision for Christian life and ministry.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree minimum. Theological and Bible training strongly desired.
• A minimum of seven years experience in related ministry required.
• Mobilizing congregation for evangelism in the community by: planning, overseeing, coordinating and promoting evangelism training, pre-evangelism programs, evangelistic Bible studies, and seminars, etc., and assisting in preliminary church-planting strategy and organization
• Developing welcoming ministries by: creating and coordinating strategy and systems for integrating newcomers into the church, overseeing and managing welcoming ministries (Greeters, Welcome class, Newcomer Fellowship Events, Ushers, etc), and recruiting, training and coaching welcoming ministry leaders
• Promoting church membership and supporting SSBC’s membership covenant by: overseeing and coordinating membership process, including: membership class, elder interviews, baptisms, elder and congregational approval, as well as the inactive member removal process empowering elders to be active in membership process, and helping new members discover and use their spiritual gifts in the body
• Developing and organizing small groups as a central vehicle for integration, discipleship, and leadership training at SSBC by: connecting newcomers into groups, starting new groups and recruiting, training and coaching small group leaders, and coordinating entire ministry by recruiting, training and coaching small group ministry leaders
• Regenerated follower of Jesus Christ
• Humble, servant’s heart
• Mature, Wise and discerning
• Hospitable and concerned for newcomers
• Vibrant personal obedience to God
• Honest, Trustworthy and Loyal
• Burdened for salvation of unbelievers
• Hard-working, Energetic and Creative
• Love for the local church
• Excited to see others grow and lead
• Peace-maker and team player
• Relationally oriented
• Engaging and Fun-loving
• Team building and engaging Leader
• Able to relate to people of many different walks of life
• Very Able to recruit, train, empower, coordinate, manage and coach volunteer leadership teams
• Able to minister effectively in New England culture
• Able to develop, coordinate and coach a large small group ministry
• Able to evangelize and train in evangelism
• Able to lead in creation of welcoming and integration strategies for new attendees
• Able to work synergistically with a multiple-staff team
• Able to disciple new believers and train others in how to disciple
• Able to oversee church membership process
• Able to teach God’s Word one-on-one and in small to large groups
South Shore Baptist Church Profile
South Shore Baptist is a suburban church in Hingham, MA, south of Boston. We are committed to the authority and sufficiency of God’s Word and Gospel in shaping our church, our ministries, and our lives. SSBC belongs to the Conservative Baptist Association and has ties with 9Marks ministries. SSBC is a church with six full-time and several part-time employees. Our church averages 650-700+ in attendance in two Sunday services and currently has a membership of over 400. We are breaking ground on a building expansion that will double our facility’s capacity. We have a long-term vision of church planting, pastoral intern training, and serving as a resource to other local congregations.
If you are interested in the position and feel you may fit this profile, please send 1) a resume, 2) a statement of personal testimony, and 3) and a statement of philosophy of ministry to firstname.lastname@example.org.