This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Technical Ministry Technician
Church of the Redeemer
Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
Date Posted: 07/08/2010
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
Description of duties: Set up, operate, and teardown of Audio, Video, and Lighting equipment for rehearsals and church events; General maintenance of all equipment. i.e. cleaning filters, wiping down, dusting, installation, trouble shooting, and minor repairs; Assist in recruiting and training volunteers; Maintain attitude and appearance of warm, hospitable, professionalism.
• Must be a follower of Jesus Christ, exhibiting a growing relationship and spiritual maturity.
• Strong team building and leadership skills.
• Good communications skills: written, verbal, and interpersonal.
• Be a team player, yet a gifted leader.
• Dependable, self-motivated and comfortable taking initiative.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Strong work ethic with ability to balance needs of family and home.
• Strong knowledge base and experience in live performance sound equipment operations.
• Experience in video production editing.
• Ability to learn equipment and system configurations quickly.
• Attitude of responsiveness and flexibility.
• Task-oriented with ability to plan and execute tasks.
• Ability to lift and carry 40+ pounds.
• Professional appearance.
• Reliable and Punctual.
• Ability to learn systems quickly (both local wiring and operations programming experience in lighting a definite plus).
• Experience with FOH mixing on both analog and digital mixers.
• Have experience in various mixing situations including different musical styles and various instrumentation.
• Experience with live audio engineering, monitor mixing (headphones, wedges, in-ear), studio editing software, computer
graphics, video editing and production, and internet media.
• Knowledge of Video Software (Pro Presenter, Final Cut Pro, Soundtrack Pro) and Lighting consoles.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in a growing, successful, active church
• Full working knowledge of live production including audio, video, lighting, multimedia, I-mag, music, and staging.
• Recruit, lead, train, equip and evaluate a volunteer tech team.
• Provide tech support for all weekend services as well as non-Sunday events (Christmas, Easter, Christmas Eve, Off-site
Outreach Events, Conferences, Seminars, Weddings, Funerals, Baptisms, etc).
• Coordinate stage setup/teardowns with a volunteer stage team.
• Maintain A/V systems for all needed rooms and venues.
• Edit audio and video as needed.