We are a growing multi-generational Free Methodist church that is currently about 300 people. We have a heart for the poor and disenfranchised. Our church is welcoming to the un-churched and we are sensitive to those who are seeking a relationship with God but we still preach the entire Word of God. We try to strike a balance between speaking in terms everyone can understand while showing how God’s Word is relevant and applies to all of us. We are in North Orange County with a low income housing project right next door to our church and an elementary school across the street. There is a lot of ministry to do in the community. We are committed to discipleship and small groups as well.
We are looking to radically transform our Children's Ministry to be a relevant active part of our church. We have grown by over 100% in the last few years but our Children's Ministry has stayed the same. Following is the job description:
TITLE: Children’s Ministry Director
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
SALARY: $30,000 per year
To provide vision, direction, development and management for all aspects of Living Spring’s Children’s Ministry to children from 1st through 5th grades, including supervision of lay leaders/teachers, volunteers, curriculum, programming, facility, budgets and planning. The goal is to create a climate of belonging and fellowship, in which spiritual growth is deepened and church members are equipped to be the primary spiritual influences in these children’s lives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: 30 hours per week
Church Staff Coordination
• Communicate with the church staff, particularly the Senior Pastor, in such a way that they are informed and enthusiastically supportive of the priorities and programs of the children’s ministry.
• Children’s Ministry Director will especially coordinate with Youth Ministry related to the promotion of children to youth ministry.
• Attend all staff meetings (currently bi-weekly)
• Troubleshoot problems in the children’s ministry in a way that honors the concerns of those who bring them, and offer timely, creative solutions to problems in the youth ministry.
• Provide vision, direction, development and management for all aspects of our ministry to children from 1st through 5th grade.
• Recruit volunteers in order to provide a ratio of 1 adult for every 7 children. Or a ratio consistent with healthy sustainability and growth of Children’s Ministry
• Encourage, coach and facilitate the training of volunteer leaders and teachers through one-on-one appointments, regular training meetings and onsite observation.
• Oversee ongoing strategic development of curriculum, programming, facility, budgets and planning.
• Keep compliance documents up-to-date and distributed to all involved parties
Service and Outreach
• Work with paid and volunteer staff to reach out to children in the community (Vacation Bible School, Family Night Outreach events, and the development of new initiatives.)
• Establish strategic plan for Family & Children’s Outreach events with Living Spring pastoral staff and key parents in church body.
• Once plan is established, set measurable goals for accomplishment of plan.
• Ensure that this mission statement is communicated regularly in all church communications.
• Create a one-year calendar of curriculum and event planning.
• Create a one-year teaching schedule. As much as possible, have this schedule coordinate with the larger church preaching schedule in order to bring holistic discipleship to Living Spring.
• Ensure healthy communication with the church body via newsletters, website updates, email blasts and a routine presence on stage.
• Offer structure of pastoral care for children and families. This may include a system to work with hospital visitation teams, counseling.
• Develop an official protocol for addressing deeper issues as they arise: abuse, family crisis, disabilities, etc. This may include coordination with Heather Brown for professional counseling.
• Personally e-mail or call at least 2 inactive families (or parents) a week or as appropriate.
• Contact each child on the directory at least quarterly.
• Develop personal follow up plan for all first-time visitors, to be implemented within 72 hours of their visit by volunteers dedicated to assimilation.
• Make sure that Children’s Ministry database is maintained and updated in a timely manner.
• Research, select or develop long-range curriculum.
• Curriculum should be based on specific learning goals for each level.
• Create learning goals in conjunction with the Junior High director to ensure the children are ready for Junior High ministry goals.
• Develop plan for communicating the learning goals with the parents. Establish system for sending children home with content that parents are equipped to follow up on with their children.
• Equip parents to pass on their faith to the next generation by discipling their children. This will happen through annual parenting seminars and one-on-one mentoring as needed.
• Identify un-churched parents with children in the Children’s Ministry. Coordinate with Living Spring Pastoral Staff, especially Associate Pastor in charge of Life Groups and Outreach, to seek out ways to bring these parents into the church.
• Provide orientation meetings each fall for parents with children involved to:
o introduce them to teachers
o distribute directories and calendars
o communicate vision for Children’s Ministry
o recruit parents as volunteers
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Pastor-Director of Youth, Children, and Family MinistriesFBC Mason
- Mason, Ohio
- August 29
Kid's Ministry DirectorTequesta's First Baptist Church
- Tequesta, Florida
- August 28
K-5th Grade DirectorGreat Lakes Church
- Kenosha, Wisconsin
- August 27
Children's Ministry Director/PastorHeart of the Canyons Church
- Santa Clarita, California
- August 27
Pastor of Children's Ministry/CM DirectorLakeView Church
- Stoughton, Wisconsin
- August 27
Living Spring Christian Fellowship
Mission: With God's grace and direction, Living Spring will: REACH our neighborhood and the surrounding communities with the love of the Father (2 Peter 3:9) RESTORE lives to healthy relationship in the Son (2 Cor. 4:16) RESPOND to the move of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 12:7) More...