This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Senior High Student Pastor
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 07/08/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
Do you have boundless energy? Infinite zip, zing and zeal? Are you a people magnet with a contagious passion for reaching out and sharing the love of God? Do young people actually think you’re kinda cool? If so, you may be just the person we're looking for.
If the thought of leading and connecting hundreds of students grades 6-12 at one of the fastest growing and most innovative churches in America makes you think "bring it on" rather than "bring me some aspirin", read on for more of the specifics:
* Experienced in developing adults and students to assume leadership roles
* Knowledgeable in student ministries with at least two years of experience
* Able to relocate if necessary
* A whiz at communicating and relating to people; specifically young people
* Able to commit to the vision of the church
You will be...
* In charge of building a student ministry team
* Recruiting, training and leading volunteers, youth leaders and student leaders
* Responsible for building and leading a purpose-driven relational model of student ministry
* Totally cool with jumping headfirst into a fast-paced, evolving ministry environment
* The force behind developing Connect Groups (small groups) within the youth program
* Overseeing weekly student worship experiences that include a relevant message, a live band, multi-media and extensive technical components
* Working toward management of future staff members and interns
If you're convinced you're the right person for the job and you have a proven track record, send us your resume and convince us.