This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Youth Ministries
First Presbyterian Church
Columbus, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 07/08/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Part-Time
JOB TITLE: Director of Youth Ministry
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Works closely with Youth Advisors, Education Ministry, Director of Children’s Ministry, and
DATE: June 2010
A part-time (approximately 20-25 hours per week) salaried position which has the overall responsibility to oversee the activities of the church’s ministry to middle and high school youth. This will be accomplished in part by casting vision, discerning direction and developing spiritually and professionally the volunteers in the youth ministry area and to support and implement the overall vision of the church.
Oversee, evaluate and monitor for improvement as necessary all programs and activities of the youth ministry area including:
• Recruit, train, mentor, and support ministry volunteers for all areas within youth ministry;
• Regular weekly programming of middle and high school activities;
• Researching and recommending curriculum to be used in Sunday School and other regular programs;
• Mission trips;
• Seasonal events and programs;
• Denominational opportunities;
• Serve as staff contact to other ministries and groups with matters affecting youth ministry;
• On a regular basis, attend, monitor and teach programs and events in the youth ministry;
• Work with other staff to create seamless transitions of children, youth, and college ministries as appropriate;
• Serve as moderator for Youth Council.
• Requires a committed Christian who shares God’s love and is devoted to building personal relationships with youth and fostering their relationship with Christ;
• Ability to relate to, effectively communicate with, and motivate middle and high school students, parents, and volunteers;
• Understanding, knowledge, and ability to critically evaluate youth ministry programs and their effectiveness, facilitate casting a vision and developing the future direction of the ministry;
• Has a minimum of two years of successful management, leadership, independent, proactive, teamwork, and communication experience;
• Demonstrated project management, planning, workflow management, knowledge and creativity in youth ministry.
$23,000 - $27,000 annually