This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
River Oak Grace
Oakdale, California, United States
Date Posted: 01/20/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
River Oak Grace is a (our vision) “Jesus-driven disciple-making church living out the Great Commission (equipping to reach) and Great Commandment (loving God, loving people)”. Our mission is to glorify God by: “transforming nations and generations into passionate followers of Jesus Christ." We are an elder-led, staff-driven, contemporary-style church that is looking for God’s desired leader who will advance God’s mission and vision for our church within the context of fully-integrated team ministry valuing humble, Spirit-led servant leadership. River Oak Grace is family-oriented church of about 800-900 current regular attendees that is serious about living its mission and vision. Our youth ministry currently averages 25 students attending in the both High School and Junior High ministries with the potential for substantial growth (both could easily quadruple).
Oakdale is a friendly, family-oriented community of about twenty thousand people. By our location we experience the culture and experience of city life (San Francisco bay area), and other major metro areas such as Sacramento, Stockton and Modesto. We also experience the charm of small-town life within easy range of excellent mountain (Sierras and Yosemite National Park) and coastal recreational opportunities.
We are looking for a Youth Director that will:
• Develop and oversee all paid and volunteer ministry teams necessary to effectively operate the Student Ministry (7th-12th grade) of River Oak Grace Community Church.
• Be a strong and enthusiastic teacher of God’s Word while employing solid hermeneutic and homiletic principles of preparation appropriately contextualized to the student audience. Teaching will maintain adherence to Biblical truth and the inerrancy of scripture. Also, oversee and develop all teaching aspects of the Student Ministry (curriculum, teaching, teachers, resources, supplies and technology).
• Oversee, supervise, train, equip and encourage the ministry staff and other leadership positions within the Student Ministry department. Current leadership staff includes one ministry assistant (paid part time), 20 adult volunteers, and 7 high school volunteers (helping with JHS). This staff is highly motivated and invested in this ministry.
• Oversee and implement recruiting, screening and training strategies of new staff and volunteers within the Student Ministry.
• Oversee and coordinate Student Ministry strategies and activities for (1) Sunday morning classes, (2) Sunday night HS ministry, (3) Monday evening JHS ministry, (4) Summer activities (i.e. camp, mission trips, retreats, events, etc.), (5) Small groups, (6) Other Student Ministry events and meetings.
• Develop and implement missional strategies and maintain active campus presence at area (Oakdale and surrounding communities) HS and JHS campuses.
• Oversee and develop all Student Ministry calendar and scheduling responsibilities.
• Oversee and develop all Student Ministry classrooms, facilities and resources.
• Strategize and implement Student Ministry connection strategies to church staff, parents and students (meetings, e-mail, phone calls, mailers, etc.).
• Oversee and manage the Student Ministry budget.
• Develop/oversee/employ Student Ministry graphical publications (Brochures, flyers, newsletters, etc.) and electronic media including video, and website.
• Oversee and manage key Student Ministry Fund-raisers (fireworks, Christmas trees, and other fund-raising efforts.)
• Pastoral ministry to the students and parents who are affiliated with or prospects of River Oak Grace.
• Develop and implement evangelism, discipleship, and leadership development strategies for Student Ministry.
• Work in coordination with other ministries to fully integrate students and families in the greater disciple-making context while facilitating transition through the various age levels/stages.
• Other related responsibilities to assist the overall mission of River Oak Grace as directed by Supervisor.
• Will preferably have a B.A. (or greater) with a ministry-related emphasis from an accredited University or Seminary.
• Will preferably have three years or more of paid staff experience in a ministry-related occupation, similar to this position.