This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
First United Methodist Church
Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 07/07/2010
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Part-Time
We are looking for a highly qualified accompanist, with exceptional sight-reading skills for our energetic Traditional music program. This person needs to be able to read and play mulitple styles of music. Organ skills a plus, but not a necessity.
1. be prepared and ready for weekly adult choir rehearsal.
2. accompany the adult choir and various children's, youth and small adult choirs at two Sunday morning worship services.
3. accompany for the choirs for special services and concerts and any extra rehearsals that are needed. (Usually one or two concerts a year)
4. substitute organ/piano for the two Traditional worship services.
5. accompany the choir on their June 2011 tour to Austria and Prague (expenses paid that are included in the tour)
6. You would be accountable directly to the Director of Traditional Worship.
This is a permanent position.