This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Youth Ministry
Community Presbyterian Church
Celebration, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 07/06/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Community Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) in Celebration, Florida is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministry (6th through 12th grade and college).
The ideal candidate will demonstrate evidence of a dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ and a lifestyle of bringing individuals to Christ. An individual who can lead both youth and volunteers toward goals that are bigger than thought possible. The ideal candidate will be creative, energetic, technologically advanced, musically skilled, and possess the ability to motivate others. He/She will be expected to enhance programs already in place through mission, mentoring, and spiritual growth curriculum and pursuing measurable growth of the youth program.
Provide Organizational Leadership and Oversight for the Following Programs:
• Sunday School
Developing or selecting curriculum, recruiting, and training teachers for traditional, drama, video, and service groups.
• Weekly Youth Group – Mid High and Senior High Programming
• Annual Youth Confirmation Class
• Youth Mission / Summer Camps / Service Projects
• Soul Groups
Mid-week activity oriented out-reach programming
• Youth Leadership Development (Mid and Senior High)
It is one of the goals of our youth ministry to continually raise up leaders, train them, and fit them into the body of Christ via their spiritual gifts. This focus stems directly from Christ’s example of disciple-making. Programming includes mentorships with congregational members.
• Teambuilding events (retreats, service projects, etc) throughout the year
• Youth led worship services twice annually
Youth fill every role of the worship services, including preaching, music, children’s chat, prayer, invitation and ushering
Encourage Youth growth in faith towards mature, Christian adulthood with the four directions of growth:
• Outreach (outward) – Youth evangelism and service
• Fellowship (inward) – Youth group building, nurture, and fun
• Worship (upward) – Youth worship in connection with their church family
• Discipleship (downward) – Youth Bible study and leadership training
Build Volunteer base for the various programming above:
• Train and inspire Congregation adults / families for ministry among the youth
• Coordinate background checks for all volunteers
Equip Parents to nurture their youth’s walk in faith:
• Provide educational opportunities that address the needs of families in varying stages of life
• Promote Christian service and outreach in which youth and adults/families can work together sharing their faith
• Encourage active participation and ownership of parents in the spiritual life of their youth
• Work with Director of Children’s Ministry to coordinate a healthy transition to Youth group
Communication and Community relations:
• Serve as a communications liaison between the youth ministry and other ministries of the church
• Build relationships with other churches / schools / civic organizations within the town
• Treat others with respect, dignity, and promote inclusion of all who are seeking God’s presence
• Preparation of annual personal and departmental goals and objectives
• Attend and participate in annual performance review to ensure growth and measurement against prior year’s goals and objectives
• Attend weekly staff meetings
• Create and administer an annual budget, working with the church accountant and partnering elder
• Bachelors Degree (minimum). This is a non-ordained position.
• Previous Youth leadership experience
• Advanced computer/technical skills
• Ability to incorporate contemporary spiritual music, guitar/keyboard ability a plus
Please forward resumes via e-mail to the Office Manager at email@example.com with subject line of DYM Applicant.