Pastor (minister) of Missions and MinistryClassification:
Part time. Reports to: Executive Pastor
Provide leadership, direction, and execution of the purpose of MINISTRY at BEACH. Serve as Volunteer coordinator at BEACH, liaison to local ministries, and point leader of all domestic and international mission trips
• Bachelor’s degree, any discipline
• Post graduate degree in ministry related area (or pursuit thereof)
• Ordination by a nationally recognized denomination (or pursuit thereof)
• Develop a MISSIONS AND MINISTRY strategy for BEACH
• Lead and implement a system for People attending BEACH to discover and plug into a place of service within the body of Christ.
• Work as a liaison with local ministry opportunities that share a common mission with BEACH
• Lead BEACH in meeting the greatest needs in our community.
• Identify what regions within the U.S. to support with short term mission trips.
• Identify what countries or people groups to support with short term mission trips.
• Develop short term mission teams and oversee all mission trips both domestic and international.
• Champion an ACTS 1:8 culture at BEACH. (from locally to globally)
• Develop and lead a team to cover
A) Volunteers at BEACH
B) Local ministries -
C) Mission trips
° Model Beach United Methodist Church’s mission, purpose, and core values
° Possess a heart organizing people to reach out in service
° Possess a strong call to “the least of these”
° Possess a strong call to reach the nations.
° Strong understanding of physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of our community and needs globally.
° Serve Pastoral role (weddings, funerals, hospital visits, counseling, etc)
° Possess strong organizational, planning, and problem solving skills
° Team builder
To apply for this position send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com. An Application will be e-mailed to you to complete and return to Beach UMC, thank you.