The Summerside Community Church (SCC) is located in Summerside, Prince Edward Island (Canada). We are a non-denominational, evangelical, charismatic church. Our church community is a multi-generational community of approximately 300. SCC emphasizes personal growth in Christian life and calling, meaningful worship, involvement in life groups and outreach into our community and beyond. Check out our website at:
We are seeking a full-time staff person to oversee two key ministries: youth ministry and life groups. Currently we have five paid staff, three of which are part-time and a pastoral team consisting of four couples. The ideal candidate will be a team-player who is called to and has trained for these ministries and is ready to join our team as soon as September 2010. Job DescriptionYouth Coach
- Oversee, encourage and pastor youth at SCC (approximately thirty teens).
- Provide discipleship opportunities for spiritual growth in teens.
- Build bridges with parents and teens.
- Involvement in community events and youth initiatives in Summerside and beyond.
- Recruit, train and pastor youth leaders, adult and teen.
- Develop and pastor teen life groups: train adult and teen leaders.Life Groups
- Give guidance and direction to existing adult life group leaders (currently fourteen groups)
- Recruit, train, and pastor life group leaders and assistants.
- Create and develop new life groups.
- Participate in vision-casting.
- Encourage more congregation involvement in life groups.
- General involvement as a member of our leadership team and participation in other church activities. Gifts/Qualifications:
- Maturity in both faith and practice.
- A life-long learner who is seeking continual personal and professional growth.
- Leadership/shepherd/pastoral gift-mix
- High degree of relational intelligence (people-person) who loves to coach and encourage.
- Enthusiastic and self motivated, optimistic and full of faith.
- Team player who loves to work with others and has a proven track record under supervision and authority.
- Public speaking/teaching gift
- Possesses a relentless desire to find new ways to reach youth for the Gospel and see them mentored, discipled and challenged.
- Heart and vision for the “bigger picture”. What is God doing in our city, nationally and internationally?
- Confident in calling to ministry.
Consideration will be given based on: compatibility, formal training and education, experience and possession of a servant’s heart.Salary: $30,000 - 40,000. (Full-time position with benefits.)
This ministry description sounds as dry as the back roads of P.E.I. We are actually a fun bunch of pioneers and settlers who want to see the Kingdom of God established here on our little Island. Be sure and read all aspects of our website. We look forward to hearing from you.Apply by August 1, 2010.