Posted: 11/13/2010New Venture Christian Fellowship has an exciting opportunity for a Student Ministries Pastor to join our pastoral staff and talented team! The ideal candidate
will have experience in developing, coordinating and administering an effective Student Ministry (middle/high school age). Candidate will be responsible for outreach and connecting with youth, providing them with fellowship and spiritual growth while overseeing high-energy services, worship and bible studies. This person must be an effective communicator and be able to handle multiple priorities successfully while meeting deadlines. New Venture Christian Fellowship is a non-denominational church located in the community of Oceanside, North San Diego County. We offer an excellent benefit package
that includes a variety of employee contributed health and dental options, discounted school tuition for children attending our private Christian School, and a leave program that includes vacation and sick leave, plus 12 paid holidays a year.No phone calls please.Please forward your Cover Letter and Resume with position title Student Ministries Pastor clearly indicated to: Attn:
New Venture Christian Fellowship
4000 Mystra Dr.
Oceanside, CA 92056Email: email@example.comFax:
(760) 945-7900Job Summary:
The Student Ministries Pastor works under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and in harmony with other staff members and ministry team leaders in fulfilling the church’s vision and mission as established by the Senior Pastor, accepting the vital role of initiating pastoral, administrative and organizational leadership for a thriving ministry at New Venture Christian Fellowship.
The Student Ministries Pastor is tasked with direct involvement of teaching, leading and overseeing New Venture Christian Fellowship’s Sr. High program and providing Pastoral oversight to Jr. High program. Coordinating and administering an effective Student Ministry; educating, ministering to and connecting students in the ministry of the church, establishing relationships with teens, parents and partners, helping youth find Christ and live life to its fullest.Primary Duties and Responsibilities:A.) Overall
• Develop, mentor and oversee Sr. and Jr. High ministry staff teams and partners, ensuring they understand the overall vision, mission and culture of the church.
• Coordinate and lead weekly Student Ministries leadership meetings.
• Ensure the overall expansion and growth of NVCF’s Sr. and Jr. High programs through creative, God honoring outreach oriented programming.
• Provide counseling and spiritual direction to team leaders and students on an individual basis as needed.
• Seeks to fulfill the overall ministry goals established by the Sr. Pastor and the Pastor of Student Ministries to the ongoing growth of the program and fulfillment of the ministry vision.
• Participates at all on campus Sr. High programs and activities with oversight and occasional involvement of Jr. High programs and activities.
• Ensure Student Ministries team is equipped and weekly involved on local student campuses.
• Communicate often and develop relationships with Student Ministry leaders and partners.
• Ensures appropriate and frequent exposure of Student Ministries activities in church program and life of the overall church.
• Develop program and meet on a regular basis with parents of youth.
• Develop and ensure the growth of Student Ministries Small Groups.
• Develop the Student Ministry budget, tracking expenditures throughout the fiscal year.
• Ensure Student Ministry staff and partners understand and fulfill the church’s vision and mission as set forth by the Sr. Pastor.
• Regular recruiting of Student Ministry leaders, partners, and students, ensuring healthy involvement and ongoing growth of Student Ministries program.
• Consistently leads and trains department personnel and partners, ensuring on-going growth and overall ministry effectiveness.
• Oversees appropriate and frequent exposure of Student Ministries activities in church program and life of the overall church.
• Participates in general Pastoral duties as deemed necessary.B.) Sr. High School
• Serve as primary leader, teacher at weekend and mid-week celebration services, ensuring services are attractive, attracting, high energy and seeker friendly.
• Coordinate all programs and activities providing opportunities for outreach, fellowship and spiritual growth for Sr. High students.
• Use teaching, music, drama, video, games, and media to reach students.
• Participates at all on campus Sr. High programs and activities.
• Coordinate and lead weekly Sr. High leadership meetings.
• Coordinate and lead bi-annual youth retreats and camps for the purpose of spiritual edification and outreach.
• Report weekly (documentation) to the Sr. Pastor on the status of Sr. High and Student Ministries dept.Areas of responsibility and accountability may change occasionally, based upon the responsibilities and needs of the ministry.Additional Responsibilities and Expectations:
• Commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
• Passionate celebration and ownership of the vision, mission, values and purposes of New Venture Christian Fellowship.
• Ability to work flexible and/or overtime hours if required to complete assigned tasks.
• Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor, servant’s heart and “can-do” attitude.
• Average 55+ hours weekly Education and Skills required:
• Bachelors Degree in Youth Ministry or and equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum five years leadership experience in Youth Ministry or related field.
• Strong communication and writing skills.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Team player with leadership and teaching skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and with attention to detail.