This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Outreach & Assimilation
Frankenmuth Bible Church
Frankenmuth, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 06/30/2010
Categories: Discipleship Pastor - Evangelism Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
A growing, independent, evangelical congregation in family friendly Frankenmuth Michigan (between Saginaw & Flint) is seeking a servant-hearted, team-building, leader-administrator, equipper to join our ministry staff team. Our mission is making disciples, which, as we passionately pursue it, we believe will result in a progressive increase in the number and depth of fully devoted followers of Jesus in Frankenmuth and the surrounding communities. Our desire is to find someone who God will use as a catalyst within our community towards God-glorifying outreach assimilation and spiritual growth.
Character, Training, & Experience desired:Qualified as an elder, models a lifestyle that honors God; Bible College (or equivalent) training in Bible, Doctrine & philosophy of local church ministry; Able to work well as part of a team and to recruit, train, and shepherd volunteer teams; Proven experience leading, guiding and overseeing the implementation of ministry strategy and ideas so vision becomes reality.
1. Planning, promoting, recruiting, training, overseeing, and follow-up of events and projects to share the love of Jesus in practical ways to the surrounding community & beyond.
2. First Impressions - Developing systems & teams to welcome, provide directions and information for, and follow up with worship service/event visitors and new move-ins.
3. Equipping and encouraging FBCers to make the most of their personal opportunities using: Relational Prayer, Invite & Servant/Kindness Evangelism strategies.
4. Working with FBC Missions Committee regarding FBC’s “ends of the earth” outreach efforts and partnerships.
B. Assimilation & Spiritual Formation – Developing strategies and systems to help people get connected: to community, to their ‘part’ (ministry) in Christ’s body, and to spiritual formation environments intentionally focused on encouraging and stimulating progressive spiritual growth throughout each believer’s life journey. This position would be responsible to oversee and implement our FBC strategy in these areas, including:
1. Next Step Invitations like: having their name & contact information in our data base & in our next directory, joining FBC’s e-mail or Facebook family, receiving numbered offering envelopes, having their picture taken and included in our FBC family picture album, etc.
2. Next Step Opportunities - like: Pizza with the Staff, FBC’s 4 recurring Journey Training Modules, Believers Baptism, Small Group involvement, or a serving opportunity.
3. Small Groups – creating safe, authentic communities that function as ‘Schools of Life’ (Ortberg, Leadership Journal Summer 05 p 35 ff) providing places for applying the Bible to life, accountability, confession, guidance, & encouragement. Responsibilities would involve: recruiting & training leaders, providing them ongoing coaching & supervision, promoting the groups, and facilitating connection to these groups by newcomers to FBC
4. Spiritual Gifts identification & ministry placement – including offering seminars (SHAPE) and overseeing and guiding FBC’s volunteer recruitment efforts
5. Adult Education – Overseeing Sunday AM adult classes (mid-sized communities) so they include both a core group (for encouraging community) & education offerings for growing in the knowledge of God & the following Jesus journey. Planning for & offering Life-Journey/Skills Training Workshops/Seminars as needed on subjects like: Finances, Marriage, Parenting, Conflict Resolution, Spiritual Mentoring, How to Read the Bible, etc. (outreach component to this also – invite the surrounding community when appropriate)
6. Women’s, Men’s & Life-Stage related Ministries – developing and working with leadership teams to offer retreats, seminars, classes and small groups targeted to the specific needs and interests of men, women, post high-school young adults, etc.
About our Chruch: We put ‘Bible Church’ in our name because we are unshakably convinced that the Bible is the record of what God wants people to know about Himself, about people, and about life. As such it tells us why we exist and offers hope and confidence regarding the life to come. It also gives courage and inspiration to face life now with all its uncertainties and provides practical insights for everyday living. That’s why a major focus of our church is on teaching God’s Word and its practical implications for living lives God would be pleased with. Because we are committed to the Bible as our only guide for doctrine and living, we remain independent (without denominational affiliation).
In 1981 a small group of 4 couples began meeting on Wednesday evenings for Bible study, fellowship and prayer. As the group met a vision was birthed for a Bible Church to be established in the Frankenmuth area. In March 1982 FBC began meeting on Sunday mornings for worship services at List Elementary School. After a few years property was bought on Churchgrove and construction begun. In 1989 Worship services were moved from List to our Churchgrove facility. In 2004 a new addition was completed to add space for children, youth & adult ministries and make it possible for us to offer 2 concurrent & identical Sun AM services. Because we believe God wants us to trust His provision through His people for the financial needs of the ministry, our land purchase and building projects were all done without debt.
With continued growth, in April 2010 we begin renting the Frankenmuth High School Performing Arts auditorium & classrooms for our 2 Sun AM Worship services & classes, which doubled our seating & parking capacity. Our Churchgrove facility continues to be used for our other ministry offerings
Our lead teaching pastor, Nathan Mains, a Dallas Seminary grad, began his ministry with us at the beginning of 1992 Other ministry staff have been added since then as the church has grown. They, along with many lay volunteers, work together to fulfill our Jesus-given mission, described below.
Why we’re here: Our ultimate purpose is to bring glory to God -- to have Him be the focus and have Him get the praise. Jesus’ last words on earth guide us as to how He wants us to do that—by making disciples (Matt 28:18-20). We believe God wants us to create and maintain environments where those searching for freedom and meaning in life, are loved, pointed to faith in Christ, and then helped to become His fully devoted disciples. Part of that includes a significant commitment to reaching people beyond our local area through missionaries and organizations we support. The short phrase we use to express why we’re here is: Freeing Hearts for Life Journeys that Matter.
If you feel you are a good match for this position, our church, and our community please e-mail your resume along with a picture of you (and your family, if applicable) and a brief statement as to why this position interests you to email@example.com or mail to Frankenmuth Bible Church 565 Churchgrove Frankenmuth, MI 48734