This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Adult Ministries Director
Vienna, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 06/29/2010
Categories: Christian Education - Discipleship Pastor
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Vienna Presbyterian Church (VPC) in Vienna, Virginia is seeking a committed and mature Christian to nurture and grow disciples through personal transformation, and to promote cultures of group life at VPC. The Director will explore creative paths to spiritual transformation for the community to experience God as an essential part of their daily lives.
This newly created, full-time, exempt, non-ordained position will direct church-wide vision and awareness for Disciple-Making through a Small Group structure.
GROUP LIFE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Oversee the forming, maintaining, and expanding of small groups.
- Recruit, equip, encourage, and supervise small group leaders, midsized group leadership teams and other adult ministry leaders.
- Oversee the new member ministry team and process of assimilation of new members into the life of the church, including into appropriate small groups.
- Oversee and manage Disciple-Making retreats, forums, and periodic "all-church" events.
- Work closely with Equipping Pastor to oversee a comprehensive Sunday morning program for adults.
- Select or design and implement curriculum that meets the spiritual needs and reflects the ages and stages of faith formation.
- Lead a small or mid-sized group as a personal ministry.
- Prepare annual budget and manage yearly spending.
- Participate in conferences, workshops, and other relevant continuing education opportunities.
- Regularly attend VPC worship services and to actively participate in the community life of VPC.
- Leadership experience (volunteer or paid) with adult Christian ministry, including small groups, required.
- Experience in adult Christian curriculum selection or design and implementation.
- A Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree/graduate studies in relevant area preferred. Please include any training and development coursework or certifications.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, train, supervise and motivate staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge and experience with budgets.
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Deep love for God and a desire to help others love Him too.
- Loves and enjoys people and has a deep commitment to their spiritual formation.
- Able and eager to openly articulate faith in Jesus Christ as his/her Lord and Savior; committed to personal transformation, and willing to participate in and lead others in spiritual growth
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Collaborative, experienced leader who inspires confidence and trust among others.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications; database experience a plus.
See the full job description on our web site at http://www.viennapres.org/about_us/staff/openings/. Apply by sending us your resume and salary requirements plus a brief introductory letter sharing your interest in adult ministries to: email@example.com.