We are a large Evangelical church in northeast Ohio with over 1,000 in weekend attendance for three services.
The church promotes many outreach ministries including to the disadvantaged and homeless, as well as Divorce/Relationship recovery, Griefshare, among others. Ministries also include an independent day care and unaffiliated Christian school.Responsibilities:
The Administrative position (lay or clergy) will work closely with the Lead pastor to execute oversight and direction for the church and staff. Additional responsibilities:
• Manage direct reports of at least six people, including assisting in establishing and fulfilling of annual goals, as well as other administrative responsibilities (employee files, attendance records, etc.)
• Prepare agenda and chair weekly staff meetings with input from Lead Pastor.
• Availability for counseling, teaching, and occasional preaching (pastoral candidates only).
• Update, maintain, and enforce the church policy manual.
• Oversee the management and maintenance of the approximately 150,000 square foot facility.
• Approve marriage process, child dedication, baptisms, and new ministries.
• At the request of the Daycare Board support and oversee the Daycare director in management issues as necessary.
• Interface with the Management of the school in implementing their vision within our building.
• Provide business oversight as needed to ministries such as the church café.
• Approve and sign contracts and agreements, including building use agreements.Requirements:
• A personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• A testimony of Christian holiness.
• Masters degree a plus.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in administration in a church or similar organization
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Familiarity and experience working in a larger facility desirable.
• Knowledge of local area computer network would be desirable.
• Knowledge of business systems and tax provisions desirable.Resume with cover letter can be sent to email@example.com