This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Development Ministry Advancement (Major Donor) Regional Representative
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 06/18/2010
Categories: Business/Administration - Fundraising
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Full-Time
Who We Are
Navigators have invested our lives in people for over 75 years, coming alongside them one to one to study the Bible, develop a deepening prayer life, and memorize and apply Scripture.
An interdenominational, nonprofit organization, The Navigators is dedicated to helping people navigate spiritually, to know Christ and to make Him known as they look to Him and His Word to chart their lives.
Our ultimate goal is to equip them to fulfill 2 Timothy 2:2—to teach what they have learned to others.
Today, tens of thousands of people worldwide are coming to know and grow in Jesus Christ through the various ministries of The Navigators. Internationally, more than 4,000 Navigator staff of 64 nationalities serve in more than 100 countries.
Development Ministry Advancement (Major Donor) Regional Representative Position:
• This position is responsible for initiating relationships with and implementing activities to cultivate major donors.
• Secure current gifts in support of The Navigators’ National and Field Ministries through initiation, cultivation, solicitation and appreciation of current and prospective major donors within designated region.
• Primary emphasis is on individuals and foundations capable of making annual gifts of $25,000 and above, and for developing a portfolio of new major donors.
• Responsible for embracing Development as a ministry to donors with purposeful intent to be deeply involved in donors’ lives and to discover and cultivate donors’ philanthropic interests.
• Develop a thorough understanding of The Navigators’ history, culture, vision and strategic objectives and communicate these to both current and prospective donors.
• Partner with National, Mission and Field Leaders to develop an annual strategy to solicit major gifts for strategic field projects.
• Solicit General Fund support equal to annual goal. Recruit donors to attend vision trips, conferences and other Navigator sponsored events.
• Participate in strategy meetings as well as Development Department meetings. Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required.
• Proven experience and success in mid-level and/or major donor development or related business experience required.
• Strong motivation in initiation, solicitation and follow-through of donor development and donor ministry.
• There is an average of 40% travel for this position.
• Possess excellent public, personal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multitask; must be detail oriented and able to meet rigorous deadlines and goals.
• Belief and adherence to the Statement of Faith and Mission of The Navigators.
Reports to: Director of Development (Ministry Advancement)