This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Youth and Children's Ministry Coordinator
Chatham United Methodist Church
Chatham, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 06/15/2010
Categories: Christian Education - Youth Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
The mission of Chatham United Methodist Church is transforming lives and growing disciples for Jesus Christ.
Our vision is creating a welcome, open environment where all people can come to know and experience God, grow in Christ and serve him freely, and minister to people in our community and world.
The Youth/Children’s Ministry Coordinator position is full-time (40 hours/week) and focuses on ministry to children ages pre-K through 12th grade. Responsibilities may be seen as “2-parts Youth Ministry, 1-part Children’s Ministry, and 1-part Staff Ministry Team.”
1. Commitment to God in Christ, and a respect for and understanding of the ministries of the United Methodist Church. Spiritual maturity and comfort with the language and essentials of the Christian faith. Willingness to work with our church’s mission and vision and to honor United Methodist polity, theology, social principles and practice.
2. Excellent relationships with youth, children and families
3. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
4. Experience and/or training in youth and children’s ministry or related field. Understanding of young people’s issues.
5. Ability to work as a member of a team with church staff and volunteers.
II. NECESSARY SKILLS
1. Strong organizational, administrative and computer skills.
2. Excellent verbal, technological, and written communication skills.
3. Ability to recruit, train and supervise volunteers and leaders.
4. High energy, reliability, compassion. Engaging and exciting to children and youth.
5. Able to maintain appropriate discipline.
Chatham Illinois is a growing community, attracting young families to the area through a strong school district and sports focus. Chatham UMC is a healthy, growing congregation seeking to reach out to new members of our community as well as lifelong residents. Our Youth and Children's Ministry Coordinator will have responsibility for and oversight of the youth and children's Sunday School programs, the weekly youth ministry and special events, youth mission trips/retreats, children's after-school programs, and outreach to the youth and children of our community. Work with youth is expected to be more "hands-on." Work with children's ministry is expected to be more administrative. Participation on the staff "team" is essential.