This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Savannah Christian Church
Savannah, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 06/14/2010
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
For your convenience the job description outlining expectations is posted below. If interested in submitting an electronic application, please visit our website at www.savannahchristian.com.
Creative Communications Team
Reports To: Creative Communications Team Leader
Category of Employment: Support Staff, Full-time
Payroll Status: Salaried, Exempt
Office Hours: Minimum of 40 hours per week
The mission of Savannah Christian Church is to lead people to a life-changing connection with Jesus Christ.
To further the mission of the Church by effectively serving in the Creative Communications Department with responsibility for day-to-day maintenance and operation of the Savannah Christian Church web site, coordination of all web functions, incorporating new technologies into the web site, and ministry websites.
2. Education: A Bachelor’s degree in web design, web development, or a related field is preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates having experience and demonstrated proficiency in field.
3. Knowledge, skills, and gifts: Computer knowledge, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint. Candidate must have the ability to work independently with efficiency, effectiveness and composure; must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; and must be able to multitask and prioritize work assignments. Candidate must exhibit excellent organizational and interpersonal relational skills. Must possess a friendly attitude, a willingness to work collaboratively with others, and have a strong heart for service. Experience with the ExpressionEngine and Wordpress CMSs is a plus.
1. Physical Demands:
2. May be called upon for lifting, pulling, bending, carrying, and pushing as needed to set up activities and events.
3. Operation of church vehicles.
1. Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at least monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person.
3. Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best.
Conditions of Employment
1. Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
2. Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of SCC, including the SCC Statement of Faith.
3. Supports and adheres to the SCC Policies and Procedures Handbook.
4. Must be an active, participating member of Savannah Christian Church or another Bible-believing church.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essentials)
1. General staff responsibilities:
• Maintain in notebook (CROAKER) all ministry tasks and functions specific to position.
• Participation in monthly “All-Staff Meetings”, as well as called departmental meetings and other required staff events.
2. Specific ministry duties and responsibilities:
• Content Management
o Lead the planning and implementation of Web content and design for the church’s web site.
o Design and implement the information architecture of the church’s web site ensuring ease of navigation and accessibility for visitors.
o Continually develop and maintain organization’s thesaurus (keywords) for use in indexing content.
o Serve as expert consultant to staff on the development of Web content in support of the church’s mission, vision, and strategic objectives.
o Work closely with Savannah Christian Church’s designer in the implementation of the design of the church’s websites, insuring that a consistent look and feel is maintained.
• Online Community
o Provide ongoing technical support to customers, clients or members using the church’s web sites.
o Ensure sites are easily found by online searches by understanding and applying Search Engine Optimization techniques.
o Develop monthly activity reports reflecting use and effectiveness of the church’s websites.
o Maintain network and data security including controlling user access, insuring OS security patches are tested and applied promptly, data backups, Internet firewall configuration and virus and worm prevention and elimination.
o Monitor web site performance and make recommendations to the IT Team Leader regarding necessary adjustments to insure maximum availability and performance.
o Perform technology needs assessments; evaluate new technology to determine whether it could be beneficial for the church’s web sites; make recommendations to the Communications Team Leader; if applicable, install, configure, and test hardware and software.
• Strategy and Planning
o Lead the development and implementation of a strategic plan for the church’s web sites, to include consulting with staff and leadership to assess needs and develop plans. Make appropriate recommendations to the Creative Communications Team Leader.
o Ensure that Web site content and any online communities are developed and supported according to church’s mission, vision, and strategic objectives.
o Liaison with staff and volunteers in all church ministries in order to effectively plan and support web-based services related to their goals and objectives.
o Market the Web site to customers and relevant segments of the public.
3. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned.