This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Worship Pastor - East Campus
Savannah Christian Church
Savannah, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 06/14/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
For your convenience the job description outlining expectations is posted below. If interested in submitting an electronic application, please visit our website at www.savannahchristian.com.
Associate Worship Pastor – East Campus
Vocal Music Team
Worship Arts Department
Reports To: Worship Arts Pastor/Department Head
Category of Employment: Pastor, Full-Time
Payroll Status: Salaried, Exempt
Office Hours: Average of 50 hours per week, with the exception of heavy ministry seasons.
Supervisory Responsibility: Administrative Assistant to Worship Arts Vocal Music
The mission of Savannah Christian Church is to lead people to a life-changing connection with Jesus Christ.
To further the mission of the Church by effectively assisting with the development of the worship ministry of the Church, with a particular focus in Vocal Music and the worship life of the SCC Effingham Campus through leading relevant worship music, assisting in the planning and development of service and participating in the team building and leading processes.
1. Experience: Minimum of three (3) years leading contemporary, relevant worship.
2. Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. A degree from an accredited bible college with a major in biblical studies or a related field is preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates having experience and demonstrated proficiency in field.
3. Knowledge, skills, and gifts: Must be able to effectively schedule and lead rehearsals, organize and lead service planning sessions as directed, and share in the leading of weekend worship in various venues, as assigned. The candidate should demonstrate excellent vocal skills, as well as proficiency in leading worship while playing a musical instrument. Candidate must be tried and proven in ministry and have a passion to share Jesus. Candidate must demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in words and actions, and have the ability to work with a wide variety of people. Exhibit excellent interpersonal relational skills while maintaining and protecting confidentiality. Candidate must possess effective written and verbal skills. Must be a motivated and successful recruiter and manager of volunteers. Candidate must exhibit excellent computer knowledge, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
1. Physical Demands:
2. Lifting, pulling, bending, carrying, and pushing as needed to set up activities and events.
3. Operation of church vehicles.
1. Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at least monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person.
3. Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best.
Conditions of Employment
1. Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
2. Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of SCC, including the SCC Statement of Faith.
3. Supports and adheres to the SCC Policies and Procedures Handbook.
4. Pastoral Staff must be active, participating members of Savannah Christian Church or be willing to become a member at the beginning of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essentials)
1. General staff responsibilities:
• Engage in pastoral responsibilities, as assigned, to include teaching, preaching, performing weddings and funerals, pastoral counseling, assisting in worship services, communion, baptisms, child dedications and hospital visits.
• Lead, cast vision, oversee, and direct all facets of the Vocal Ministry.
• Assist in establishing ministry goals and objectives, and individual tactics that support the mission and vision of the Church.
• Provide visionary leadership and organizational structure for the Vocal Ministry.
• Recruit, train, schedule, equip and supervise volunteers for the ministry.
• Train, schedule, equip and evaluate staff of the Vocal Ministry.
• Propose and administer annual budgets.
• Participation in weekly “Pastor’s Lunch” and monthly “All-Staff Meetings”, as well as called departmental meetings, and other required staff events.
2. Specific ministry duties and responsibilities:
• Lead corporate worship primarily at the East Campus, but at other SCC venues as assigned.
• Write and/or arrange musical selections for the worship team as assigned.
• Evaluate and assist in gathering resources to be used by the worship teams.
• Assist in leading the weekly rehearsals, planning of worship elements, and in the musical and spiritual development of worship team members.
3. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned.
Performance and Evaluation
Success in the position will be measured according to the performance assessment tool approved by the Executive Pastor. Performance will be evaluated in relevant areas, including but not limited to: completion of ministry goals and individual tactics, communication, teamwork, leadership, creativity, responsibility, self motivation, attitude, and potential for growth.