This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Student Ministries Worship Pastor
Savannah Christian Church
Savannah, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 06/14/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
For your convenience the job description outlining expectations is posted below. If interested in submitting an electronic application, please visit our website at www.savannahchristian.com.
Student Ministries Worship Pastor
Student Ministries Team
Future Generations Department
Reports To: Student Ministries Team Leader/High School Pastor
Category of Employment:Pastor, Full-Time
Payroll Status: Salaried, Exempt
Office Hours: Average of 50 hours per week, with the exclusion of heavy ministry seasons.
The mission of Savannah Christian Church is to lead people to a life-changing connection with Jesus Christ.
To further the mission of the Church by effectively assisting with the development a dynamic Student Worship Ministry through leading relevant worship.
1. Experience: Minimum of three (3) years experience as a leader in ministry or related environments specifically related to an area of oversight in Worship ministry.
2. Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. A degree from an accredited bible college with a major in biblical studies or a related field is preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates having experience and demonstrated proficiency in field.
3. Knowledge, skills, and gifts: Must be able to effectively schedule and lead rehearsals, organize and lead service planning sessions as directed, and share in the leading of weekend worship in various venues, as assigned. The candidate should demonstrate excellent vocal skills, as well as proficiency in leading worship while playing a musical instrument. Candidate must be tried and proven in ministry and have a passion to share Jesus. Candidate must demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in words and actions, and have the ability to work with a wide variety of people. Exhibit excellent interpersonal relational skills while maintaining and protecting confidentiality. Candidate must possess effective written and verbal skills. Must be a motivated and successful recruiter and manager of volunteers. Candidate must exhibit excellent computer knowledge, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
1. Physical Demands:
2. Activities with youth, including sports and games of a physical nature.
3. Lifting, pulling, bending, carrying, and pushing as needed to set up activities and events.
4. Operation of church vehicles.
1. Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at least monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person.
3. Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best.
Conditions of Employment
1. Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
2. Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of SCC, including the SCC Statement of Faith.
3. Supports and adheres to the SCC Policies and Procedures Handbook.
4. Pastoral Staff must be active, participating members of Savannah Christian Church or be willing to become a member at the beginning of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essentials)
1. General staff responsibilities:
• Engage in pastoral responsibilities, as assigned, to include teaching, preaching, performing weddings and funerals, pastoral counseling, assisting in worship services, communion, baptisms, child dedications and hospital visits.
• Lead, teach, preach, cast vision, oversee, and direct all facets of the Student Worship Ministry.
• Assist in establishing ministry goals and objectives, and individual tactics that support the mission and vision of the Church.
• Provide visionary leadership and organizational structure for the Student Worship Ministry.
• Recruit, train, schedule, equip and supervise volunteers for the ministry.
• Participation in weekly “Pastor’s Lunch” and monthly “All-Staff Meetings”, as well as called departmental meetings, and other required staff events.
2. Specific ministry duties and responsibilities:
• Lead the worship and programming ministry of Junior High and Senior High ministries.
• Plan, lead and equip all worship events for the Junior High and Senior High ministries.
• Assist Student Ministries Team Leader/High School Pastor and Junior High Pastor in the planning and organization of special events and trips for the Senior High and Junior High ministry.
• Oversee the Technical ministry and needs of both Senior High and Junior High events.
• Assist in leading the weekly rehearsals, planning of worship elements, and in the musical and spiritual development of worship team members.
3. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned.
Performance and Evaluation
Success in the position will be measured according to the performance assessment tool approved by the Executive Pastor. Performance will be evaluated in relevant areas, including but not limited to: completion of ministry goals and individual tactics, communication, teamwork, leadership, creativity, responsibility, self motivation, attitude, and potential for growth.