This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Pastor, Central Campus
Centre Street Church
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Date Posted: 06/14/2010
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
Centre Street Church (CSC) is seeking a passionate, creative individual to provide visionary leadership as Worship Pastor at CSC’s Central Campus. This person will lead and empower Worship and Arts staff and volunteers to create celebratory, God-centered worship experiences that involve a combination of worship teams, choir and orchestra, ensembles, vocalists, instrumentalists, the arts and other worship elements. He or she will work collaboratively to help implement our vision for being “one church in many locations,” and will embrace a philosophy of worship that includes: the essential role of volunteers; teaching, coaching, pastoring and mentoring individuals in their areas of giftedness, using music and the arts for evangelistic purposes, and employing the full spectrum of artistic expression.
CSC is seeking an individual with the following qualifications:
1. Has a reputation for being a fully-devoted follower of Christ, teachable, accountable, servant-oriented and spiritually-minded.
2. Carries a philosophy of worship ministry that aligns with that of CSC.
3. Is called of God to serve as a pastor of worship - leading and coaching worship teams, choir & orchestra leaders, ensemble groups, vocalists & musicians, actors, artists and technicians.
4. Has recent and significant experience leading in a church worship ministry, and is experienced in planning and producing worship events.
5. Can lead in a variety of worship settings from classical to contemporary.
6. Has a Worship and Arts specialization that adds value to the teaching ministry of CSC.
7. Is an experienced performer of music - the ability to write and create music is an asset.
8. Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills.
9. Is affirmed with spiritual gifts of leadership, shepherding and creativity.
10. Holds relevant Master’s Degree or has equivalent combination of experience and training.
11. Is credentialed as a licensed or ordained pastor, or qualifies for, and is prepared to pursue credentialing with the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada.
1. Become a member of Centre Street Church Inc. and live out CSC’s Membership Covenant and Statement of Faith (as defined in the General Operating Bylaws and Letters Patent).
2. Adhere to and uphold the Personnel Policies, Team Values and Lifestyle Agreement of CSC.
3. Effectively execute the position expectations associated with this role to the glory of God.
1. Provides leadership and direction to all aspects of the worship ministry at the CSC Central Campus.
2. Communicates and guards the mission and vision of CSC and its philosophy of worship.
3. Facilitates and leads God-centered, impactful worship experiences through worship teams, choir and orchestra, ensembles, instrumentalists, the arts and technology.
4. Gives priority to personally attracting, empowering, shepherding and mentoring staff and volunteers.
5. Oversees the production of worship services and events.
6. Builds functional ministry teams and create a sense of family among staff and volunteers.
7. Supervises, supports and facilitates the training and development of staff and volunteers.
8. Develops and maintains administrative systems that facilitate the work of staff and volunteers.
9. Creates and implements an annual strategic ministry plan and budget for Worship and Arts at the CSC Central Campus, in collaboration with the Lead Pastor of Regional Worship Ministries.
10. In cooperation with the Lead Pastor of Regional Worship Ministries and other regional worship pastors and staff, participates in creative planning, coordination of services, trouble-shooting, team building, resource sharing and the planning and delivery of combined worship events.
11. If married, maintains a healthy marriage and strong family life with spousal commitment to their
ministry calling and to active involvement in the life and ministry of CSC.
12. Participates fully in the life of CSC staff, carry pastoral duties and responsibilities commonly expected of all pastoral staff, including attending staff meetings and special days or events as called upon.
*** Position closes August 1, 2010 ***