This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Associate Pastor to Youth and Families
North Shore Community Baptist Church
Beverly Farms, Massachusetts, United States
Date Posted: 09/13/2010
Categories: Associate Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
North Shore Community Baptist Church (NSCBC), averaging 400 in attendance, is located in sea-side city of Beverly Farms on Boston’s scenic north shore. We are currently seeking a pastor to grow the youth ministry. This position requires a pastor who loves the Lord, has a heart for teenagers, and a passion to see junior and senior high school students radically transformed by the truth of the Living God.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Overseeing and directing the teaching and discipling of youth (grades 6-12) with the goal of equipping them to develop their own faith and grow toward mature Christian adulthood. This will be done relationally with both youth and their parents in a variety of ways.
• Planning and overseeing the Senior High and Junior High youth programs as well as ministry events for the families of the youth.
• Recruiting, training, leading, and overseeing adult and youth leaders for this ministry.
• Supporting parents in their primary responsibility to raise their children in the faith (Deuteronomy 6:4-9) thereby helping parents to succeed at translating their faith to their children.
• Facilitating the creation of significant relationships between youth and adults in the church
• Advocating for the youth broadly across all church ministries and activities. Providing visibility to the Youth program as well as working with the other ministry areas to find opportunities for the youth to be involved in the life of the church and also for the church to be involved in the lives of the youth.
• As needs arise, assisting the Senior Pastor with the broader Pastoral responsibilities of the church
• Supervising the Director of the College Ministry
The Associate Pastor to Youth and Families must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and believe the Bible to be God-breathed in all that it states and affirms, and the foundational truth in a believer’s life. He must meet the biblical qualifications outlined in I Timothy 3:1-12, Titus 1:6-9 and I Peter 5:1-3. He must be ordained and hold a Master of Divinity degree or higher. He must pass a CORI/SORI check. He must have a passion for seeing teens embrace and grow in their faith. He must be able to recruit, train, inspire and supervise volunteers. He must be able to wholeheartedly and conscientiously accept the affirmation of faith of NSCBC, particularly faith in Jesus Christ as the divine Son of God, Savior, and Lord, and the Old and New Testaments as God’s inspired and authoritative communication with His people.
As a member of the pastoral team at NSCBC, the Associate Pastor to Youth and Families must be an exceptional communicator, spiritually mature and equipped with a ministry approach that reflects a passionate love for God. He must have demonstrated the ability to recruit and develop an effective volunteer leadership team, create an environment where students are challenged to have a vibrant, growing and relevant faith, and where students are excited about reaching their friends for Christ. Applicants must be genuinely relational, able to creatively, positively and productively work with others, and interested in communicating with and involving parents in NSCBC student ministry. The candidate must have ten years of relevant youth and pastoral experience, including preaching, teaching, counseling and pastoral care experience.
For information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.