This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Arts Director
Mt Pleasant Community Church
Mt. Pleasant, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 06/09/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Mount Pleasant Community Church, Mount Pleasant MI- Community Church is a growing church of 1200 regular attenders. We are all about helping people discover afresh the life changing God. We seek to do that in relevant and creative ways that engage people at every phase and stage of life. We are a church that unashamedly believes God is central to a life well lived, unreservedly shows compassion to those in need, and are unafraid to have a blast doing it. We are a place with one motto, "No perfect people allowed." We are a church of “relatively normal” people who believe that we together really can make a difference in the world whether right here in the Mount Pleasant area or half way around the world.
Community Church is seeking a Worship Arts Director to give specific oversight to the entire Worship Arts Ministry of MPCC.
• Meet with Senior Pastor (or Preaching Pastor) for review and preparation for needs of upcoming weekends.
• Work with Creative Design Team in developing worship experiences that engage the congregation in worship through the use of creativity and the arts.
• Supervisor for all worship arts ministry volunteers including but not limited to:
o Provide creative leadership of worship arts bringing the best out of all the creative teams to develop services that have flow and excellence.
o Oversee the leaders of drama and dance ministries, coordinating these ministries into the worship calendar.
o Create and oversee worship teams
o Oversee service programming & production.
• Maintain music library and licenses, subscriptions, online resources, etc. pertinent to the worship arts ministry.
• Observe/evaluate the service for flow and timing.
• Oversee stage design and other special service elements; evaluate and monitor technical schemes (Lights/Sound/Media/Video) including follow-up/evaluation
• Supervise Director of Technology and provide input into technical systems.
• Participate in special/ seasonal events, planning, brainstorming sessions, and production meetings, and oversee special events, as needed.
For a detailed position description and to learn more about the church visit their website at www.mpcc.org Interested candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org