To serve the church by leading in the development, coordination, and administration of effective ministry operations and serving as the champion for the purposes of Reach, Connect, and Serve within the Amigos Ministries. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Some of the primary duties include but are not limited to:WEEKEND SERVICES
• Oversight of the operational aspects of the weekend services, including ushers, greeters, and technical
service volunteers. Schedule volunteers and provide them with the necessary support and resources.
• Oversight of guest services (parking, information areas, signage, etc.).
• Oversee New Believer and Membership classes.
• Oversee guest assimilation process. This includes connection calls with new weekend attenders and
directing staff on any follow up needs that are required from guests and regular attenders (prayer,
hospital or home visitations, etc.).LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
• Oversight of the volunteer Amigos Nursery Ministry Coordinator and the Amigos Nursery Ministry.
• Enlist, equip and encourage all volunteers for participation and leadership in ministry. ENLIST
– Assisting congregation members in identifying potential areas of service, conducting proper screening procedures, placement, and orientation in ministry. EQUIP
– Provide ongoing training and development opportunities for all ministry volunteers (mid-week group leaders, weekend leaders, special event leaders, etc.). ENCOURAGE
– Provide ongoing encouragement to volunteers and coordinate specific times for appreciation of volunteers.EVENTS
• Leadership of special events for the purpose of community building.
• Leadership of outreach events on the church property and in the community.
• Leadership of community service projects.OPERATIONS
• Establish departmental goals and objectives, managing the use of facilities, planning an appropriate
budget, delegating tasks, and evaluating progress regularly.
• Development and implementation of policies and procedures that guide operating practices for the
• Oversight of administrative and operational aspects of the overall Amigos Ministry, including managing
the Amigos Office during the week.
• Oversight of the volunteer Amigos Administrative Assistant.
• Teach as needed.
• Conduct weddings, funerals and baptisms as requested.
• Work with appropriate committees and leaders in carrying out the ministry of the church, denomination
• Attend staff meetings, retreats, and conferences.
• Cooperate with the Pastor of Amigos Ministries by performing any other duties when assigned or
Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and must have a heart for ministry. Must hold to the Statement of Faith, Position Statements, Mission Statement, and Core Values and Ministry Values of Yorba Linda Friends Church. Those that serve God on the staff at Yorba Linda Friends Church are expected to set a high standard of personal conduct and lifestyle. It is required that all staff members are members of Yorba Linda Friends Church. EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
A bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum five (5) years experience in ministry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must become commissioned through SWYM.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLSSKILLS:
Must be bilingual and bicultural. Must speak and write both English and Spanish fluently. Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills and mathematical skills. Must be proficient in the Microsoft Suite of products. Must be a self-starter. Must be confidential, flexible, accurate and have good follow-up skills. Must be well organized and have strong management skills. Must have skills and passion for teaching, training, equipping, and discipling others.ABILITY:
Ability to understand, teach and live out Biblical truths. Ability to comprehend written and oral information and to express written and oral information with clarity (in both English and Spanish). Ability to identify problems, and exhibit both inductive and mathematical reasoning. Ability to travel. Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, and flexible hours and duties, as requested.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 poundsWORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Yorba Linda Friends Church reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities within this job description at any time. To Apply, please send your Cover Letter and Resume to the following EMAIL link, thank you.