At the heart of Frisco's history, when this was only a one-horse train stop town, and the year was 1902, local ministers gathered with the town folk of Frisco for the purpose of organizing a Baptist Church. Throughout the years, we have moved to various buildings and are currently located on Main Street Downtown Frisco. At FBC Frisco
, we provide relevant worship, solid Bible-centered teaching, times for relationship building and community involvement. We have been placed in the midst of a growing city and we retain the original goal of “reaching out and being a blessing to the community”.Financial Administrator
By possessing a high degree of personal integrity and organizational skills, you will be a key member of our staff responsible for overseeing the financial management of the church including general ledger accounting, contributions, payroll and ongoing contract negotiation of fixed costs. Additionally this position assists each of the ministry areas to operate efficiently by giving them accurate reports and helping them monitor their individual budgets. Responsibilities:
• Oversee the Accounts Payable clerk to make sure obligations are being met and expenses are being accurately charged and organized by account.
• Balance all cash accounts monthly including checking, money markets, and certificates of deposits, etc.
• Prepare monthly financial reports reflecting monthly, as well as year-to-date, revenues and expenses. Have these reports copied for the bi-monthly business meetings.
• Prepare and issue payroll checks to all staff members and employees including Sonshine School, nursery workers, and MOPS workers. Maintain accurate and up-to-date payroll reports.
• Pay government taxes including Federal Withholding, Social Security, and Medicare at least monthly.
• Prepare and file Form 941 tax statement quarterly.
• Prepare and issue W-2 and 1099 forms yearly.
• Maintain employee attendance and W-4 records.
• Maintain offering envelope file and send to envelope company quarterly.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date contribution records, and make sure the data is entered weekly. Prepare and send contribution statements quarterly to all contributors as well as an end-of-year summary.
• Coordinate the counting of the confidential deposits with the Teller Committee weekly on the first available day of each week.
• Ensure that deposits are prepared and made daily.
• Work with contracted CPA firm performing yearly audit to supply all needed information.
• Maintain schedule of assets purchased and donated including estimated depreciation of assets.
• Prepare budget request forms for next year’s budget and work with Associate Pastor of Administration and Budget and Finance Team to prepare the coming year’s budget for approval by church in a timely manner.
• Back up accounting and people related software at least weekly.
• Maintain accounting software, making changes when necessary.
• Follow directives from the Associate Pastor of Administration and the Budget and Finance Ministry Team.
• Maintain a schedule of all contracts related to fixed costs and proactively renegotiate contracts in conjunction with Associate Pastor and Budget and Finance Team to minimize fixed costs.
• Attend staff meetings as needed to help in planning related to cost management and budgeting issues.
• Assist the Associate Pastor of Administration, the Personnel Ministry Team, and the Budget and Finance Ministry Team in developing financial policies to insure efficiency and accountability related to the financial management of FBC Frisco. Additional Office/Administrative Responsibilities:
• Type letters, records, etc. as required.
• Occasionally answer the telephone, using tact, courtesy, and diplomacy in receiving callers.
• Proofread the newsletter and bulletin to insure needed information is published to the congregation.
• Treat with the strictest confidence (even when no longer employed by FBC) sensitive issues, correspondence, counseling appointments, and special needs of members.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Associate Pastor of Administration.Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, abilities and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
• 2+ years successful experience as an Accountant or Financial Administrator in a church or non-profit organization of like size highly preferred
• Knowledge of and experience using ACS accounting and membership software is highly preferredBenefits:
We value our staff members’ time and efforts. We offer a competitive package including salary depending on experience and demonstrated ability, a benefits package including paid time off, medical benefit, a self paid dental and vision plan and a 3% matching retirement fund. We build a work environment where people learn and grow with the company. We are collaborative, creative and innovative, with each person contributing to meaningful impact and eternal outcomes. To Apply:
To respond to this opportunity, please go to: https://administaff.ats.hrsmart.com/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=59018Administaff is not a staffing agency. In fact, most of our listings presented are great, full-time or part-time opportunities with small to medium-sized companies. By delivering HR services such as recruiting, payroll and training, Administaff can help its clients focus on what they do best. And because we have the inside track to these firms, you'll have a jump on your next career!